• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Stronglift Rest Day

Kettlebell Swing
    Goblet squats-6X5X 30
    Russian kettle bell swing-22X 10 X 30

40lbs loss by May 27th Challenge
    Exercise daily and stay under calorie goal!

Keto 3 Week Challenge February 5th-25th
    I am still in ketosis and still burning fat! I am averaging a little over 2 pounds loss per week. I can hardly wait to take my measurements next week!

DDHFree - I hope that your daughter and you are both feeling better now!
  • DDHFree
    DDHFree Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Now my son is sick and daughter might be regressing. Just a sick household. I hope I am not next. My diet has gone to hell. I am not happy right now. But this is the Finish_No_Matter_What group. Therefore, I got up this morning and did both Wednesday and Friday workouts. Will get back on track with eating and just not look back but forward.

Week: 7 Workout: #2
    Deadlift 103 lb 4 x 6
    OHP 30 lb 4 x 6

Week: 7 Workout: #3
    Squats 72 lb 4 × 6
    Bench Press 53 lb 4 × 6 (staying at this weight as to not risk return of costochondritis flare up)

Go Team Finish_No_Matter_What

• fanncy0626
    Options
    DDHFree- you are such an inspiration!
  • amyinthetardis1231
    amyinthetardis1231 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    DD, hang in there! Sorry to hear there are some setbacks. It's been a rough winter for sicknesses.

Squats: 4x5 @ 135
    OHP 5x5 @ 52
    Deadlifts 1x5 @ 145
  • fanncy0626
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Stronglift Workout B
    Squats-1X5X 55/65/75/85, 5X5X 90
    OHP- 1X5X45/50, 5X5X 55
    DL- 1X5X95/105/115

Kettlebell Swing
    GobletSquats- 3X5X30
    Russian Kettlebell Swing- 11X10X30

Exercise daily and stay under calories.

I love this way of eating!
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    Can I join in? I've missed January but the end date fits right in to my trip to America on 17th May!

Training:
    Stronglifts 3 times a week
    Live Fit 4-5 times a week

Today
    Live Fit Phase 1 day 3

Wednesday
    Stronglifts week 3 day 1
    Live Fit Phase 1 day 4

Current weights
    Squat - 42.5kg
    Overhead press - 15kg
    Bent over row - 22.5kg
    Deadlift - 50kg
    Bench press - 30kg

Personal stats
    Weight 183lbs
    BMI - 33.7
    Body fat - 39.4
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Stronglift Rest Day

Kettlebell Swing
    Goblet squat-6X5X 30
    Russian kettle bell swing-20 4X 10 X 30

Exercise daily and stay at or under calorie goal.

I love this way of eating! This week I lost 2.4 pounds! For a grand total of 5.4 pounds during the two-week time. This is the first day of the third and last week of this challenge. Good luck everyone!
  • cherrybomb333
    cherrybomb333 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Week 7: Day 2

Barbell Squats
    125lb x 4 x 6 sets

Bench Press
    95lb x 4 x 6

Barbell Shrug
    95lb x 8 x 2

Skullcrushers
    25lb x 8 x 2

Standing Calf Raise
    Bodyweight x 20 x 5

Made some really good strength gains this week! Focusing on strength building for the next two, then switching to hypertrophy-focused sets and reps. I feel like my body is responding to this program really well, so I'm excited to see what the next few weeks bring. :smile:
  • DDHFree
    Options
    You guys are awesome! Thank you guys so much for the well wishes. I really needed the push. It was one heck of week. Both kids are much better now but I started coughing last night. However, I am going to keep on going and hope it's just a cough.

Mary, your weight loss is awesome! Keep it great work.
    Cherrybomb, love your excitement! Consistency is key so keep it up.
    Debrag, I did state that members for this group was closed but it's just not in me to turn someone away if we are doing something that you feel will help you. We only have a handful of people so I am good with adding another one. Unless another member objects, I say welcome aboard. Are you ladies okay with Debrag joining us?
  • tiffanylacourse
    tiffanylacourse Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    DDHFree wrote: »
    You guys are awesome! Thank you guys so much for the well wishes. I really needed the push. It was one heck of week. Both kids are much better now but I started coughing last night. However, I am going to keep on going and hope it's just a cough.

Mary, your weight loss is awesome! Keep it great work.
    Cherrybomb, love your excitement! Consistency is key so keep it up.
    Debrag, I did state that members for this group was closed but it's just not in me to turn someone away if we are doing something that you feel will help you. We only have a handful of people so I am good with adding another one. Unless another member objects, I say welcome aboard. Are you ladies okay with Debrag joining us?

I'm on board.

[I'm still around everyone - and thanks for letting me in a while back.]

I'm [re?] starting Strong Curves today. My husband has agreed to also do a 12 week program (of his choosing) so that we can run it together and keep each other motivated!
  • fanncy0626
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Debrag- welcome aboard!

Tiffany - awesome to have you here! Great that your husband is joining you!

• Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hi All!
    Been absent from lifting for 2 weeks! I did have a great workout playing with some kids and doing some gardening over the weekend so I'm not completely useless! My leg is feeling much better and I have kept my diet right on plan, so I still feel like I am doing what I need to for my personal progress. I am going to be getting back to lifting this week but I am deloading squats quite a bit since Im sure they are causing my pain. I might just lift the bar and stick with that. The hubby and I are ttc, so the squats and having a strong core are things I'd like to focus on, as well as preventing any further sciatic issues.

My progress pictures are looking promising :) I am seeing some thinning out at my hips for sure. The scale has gone up a little from last week due to the wine and chocolate I had on Saturday, but I know that is just water and will fall off again in a day or two.

Im so impressed with you ladies keeping up the good work! You are all rockstars! :D:D:D

Edited to add this in:

Checking in:
    Plan: SL5x5
    Start Date: 1/1/2017 {204#}
    End Date: 05/21/2017 {179#}
    Goals:
    1. lose 25# of fat {195.8#: down 8.2#}
    2. stick to a low carb diet {check!}
    3. Follow hunger cues, and only eat when hungry {every week this gets better}
    4. Improve mobility and be rid of the pain in my leg {check!}
    5. Strengthen my back and hips (injury prevention) {check!}
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Stronglift Workout A
    Squats-1X5X 55/65/75/85, 5X5X 90
    BP-1X5X 45/55/65, 5X5X 75
    BR-1X5X 75

Kettlebell Swing
    Goblet squats-3X5X 30
    Russian kettle bell swing-12 X 10 X 30

40lbs loss by May 27 Challenge
    Exercise daily and stay below calories!

I woke up to .2lb loss this morning! The one thing I like about this way of eating is that for me I know I will be losing weight every week!

I am so excited to do our four week update and take my measurements on Friday!
  • DDHFree
    Options
    That is great Kirstie! I think it's great that we are all keeping going while listening to our bodies.

Congrats on the continuously loss Mary! I look forward to seeing both of your 4 week progress reports.
  • amyinthetardis1231
    Options
    Feeling kind of off my game today, and definitely cranky. Workout was ok, although I think I'll officially switch to 3x5, at least for squats, from here on out. Grinding out another two sets at these high weights takes forever and is really starting to feel like a grind.

Squats: 3x5 and 1x3 @ 135
    Benchpress: 5x5 @ 70
    Wretched rows: 5x5 @ 80
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Amy- it might be time for a deload. That can regenerate you and help you make increases.
  • amyinthetardis1231
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    Amy- it might be time for a deload. That can regenerate you and help you make increases.

I thought about that today, but it feels like I just did a deload a blink ago, since I was sick. SL app recommends one because I haven't hit 5x5 of 135, but I'm also really thinking about switching to 3x5 bc squats are taking foreeeeeever with the longer resting periods and having to psych myself up for another set. How often do people need to deload on SL? I'm still new to this so I don't really know what is normal.
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »

I thought about that today, but it feels like I just did a deload a blink ago, since I was sick. SL app recommends one because I haven't hit 5x5 of 135, but I'm also really thinking about switching to 3x5 bc squats are taking foreeeeeever with the longer resting periods and having to psych myself up for another set. How often do people need to deload on SL? I'm still new to this so I don't really know what is normal.

I know that the app automatically deloads if you don't increase a few times. He also suggests a week break now and then. You might want to watch his videos again.
  • fanncy0626
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Stronglift Rest Day

Kettlebell Swing
    Goblet squat-6X5X 30
    Russian kettle bell swing-26X 10 X 30

Exercise daily and stay at or under calorie goal.

I love this way of eating! I'm a fat burning machine! I lost another .2 pounds!
  • DDHFree
    Options
    Wow, I just did not anticipate these awful sick days. Awoke yesterday and felt little not-so-well. Decided to do my best and workout.

Week: 8 Workout: 1
    Squats 70 lbs 4x6
    Benchpress 53 lbs 4x6

Afterwards, finished morning routine and went to work. Once I got there, I started to feel worse and worse. Eventually felt so spacey that I had to leave around 11:00. Made it home and got into bed. I knew then I'd gotten the flu from the kids. Slept off and on but eventually fell asleep at 6 pm and did not get up until 8 this morning. I was feverish and just sweated all night but also enjoyed the long rest. Awoke this morning and feel much better but I know I cannot do a workout.

I guess long story short, I need to take a couple days to get over this flu.