Options
Scochrane86
Scochrane86 Posts: 374 Member
Can I have sugar free ketchup?92u2tmnyndkn.jpg

Replies

• kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Sure. If it helps you stay within your desired macro/calorie amount and you like the taste.
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    As long as it tastes good the macros look fine.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    Nutrition Facts
    Mcdonald's - Fancy Ketchup Packet
    Servings:

Calories 10 Sodium 90 mg
    Total Fat 0 g Potassium 23 mg
    Saturated 0 g Total Carbs 2 g
    Polyunsaturated 0 g Dietary Fiber 0 g
    Monounsaturated 0 g Sugars 2 g
    Trans 0 g Protein 0 g
    Cholesterol 0 mg
    Vitamin A 2% Calcium 0%
    Vitamin C 2% Iron 0%
    *Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.

myfitnesspal.com/food/calories/mcdonalds-fancy-ketchup-packet-395410378?v2=false Source of above info.

These numbers are the same ratio as the sugar free but I did not convert the measurements. McDonald's has added sugar I was told by one employee but I have never confirmed this.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    Yes, as long as you don't overdo the quantity. I don't use ketchup often, but when I do, it is the sugar free stuff just because the carb count is so much lower than the normal ketchup.
  • kimberwolf71
    kimberwolf71 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I did a comparison on Heinz regular vs sugar-reduced. For a tbsp: 20 cal/5g carb/4 g sugar vs 5 cal/1 g carb/1 g sugar. I use a minimal amount so I don't worry about it much, but I use the sugar-reduced in things calling for large amounts.... For example, mixing sugar-reduced ketchup with horseradish sauce is the equivalent taste of extremely high-carb seafood cocktail sauce. Which is fantastic when you want to make a LC shrimp surprise spread to go with your celery stalks :blush:
  • mbonacci12
    mbonacci12 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I found the the sugar free ketchup is good (more spicy than sweet). It is very thin and runny though.
  • mandycat223
    mandycat223 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I can't tell the difference in either taste or texture between Heinz Reduced Sugar and Heinz regular catsup. Just be sure never, ever, to buy the Walden Farms "calorie and sugar free" catsup. It barely qualifies as food, never mind catsup. In fact, all of the Walden farms products I've tried with the exception of their pancake syrup (which I use in teriyaki sauce, as it happens) are dreadful.
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    Gotta watch out for sorbitol (aka, "Sore butt...ow!"), which would be the envy of many colonoscopy prep meds.
  • kmn118
    kmn118 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Check out Butter Bob's recipe for LC Mayo and Ranch dressing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V26LTfwnneY
  • AngiesCookie
    AngiesCookie Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I did a comparison on Heinz regular vs sugar-reduced. For a tbsp: 20 cal/5g carb/4 g sugar vs 5 cal/1 g carb/1 g sugar. I use a minimal amount so I don't worry about it much, but I use the sugar-reduced in things calling for large amounts.... For example, mixing sugar-reduced ketchup with horseradish sauce is the equivalent taste of extremely high-carb seafood cocktail sauce. Which is fantastic when you want to make a LC shrimp surprise spread to go with your celery stalks :blush:

OMG thank you! This is a great idea for that cracker dip with cream cheese, cocktail sauce & shrimp. Oh, and by "crackers" I meant either Pork Rinds or FatHead cheese crackers.
  • AngiesCookie
    AngiesCookie Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I can't tell the difference in either taste or texture between Heinz Reduced Sugar and Heinz regular catsup. Just be sure never, ever, to buy the Walden Farms "calorie and sugar free" catsup. It barely qualifies as food, never mind catsup. In fact, all of the Walden farms products I've tried with the exception of their pancake syrup (which I use in teriyaki sauce, as it happens) are dreadful.

I agree! Well, their Raspberry Vinaigrette is decent... but have you tried their BBQ "sauce" (aka water) is sooo gross.
    Personally. I bought this Guy's award-winning Sugar Free BBQ online and it was the BEST one yet. I'm a sucker for bbq basted chicken on the grill. or ribs. or pork. lol.
    https://www.amazon.com/Guys-Award-Winning-Sugar-Original/dp/B0079OWL16/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1484838191&sr=8-1-fkmr1&keywords=awarding+winning+sugar+free+bbq&th=1