How do people deal with cravings?

Options
beckstaC
beckstaC Posts: 6 Member
Hi ladies, the dreaded 3pm sugar cravings are hitting with a vengeance! Actually they hit all the time. I know my will power will get stronger every time I say no, but any tips to help get through these moments?

Replies

• amaier81
    amaier81 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Have you tried having a healthy "sweet" treat. Maybe a little greek yoghurt and berries or make some muffins that are low in sugar - i just made http://allrecipes.com.au/recipe/9698/no-sugar-added-banana-blueberry-wholemeal-muffins.aspx for my bubba because i am teying to avoid added sugar and they are actually kinda tasty (had one myself as an after dinner treat)
  • beckstaC
    beckstaC Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Yum will definitely try this one!!! Thank you
  • krobinson9721
    krobinson9721 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I often have a block of chocolate and a few wines after dinner, but last night I just had a chia tea. I was completely gross, I don't recommend it hahahahahaha. So I don't know either!
  • erinelltay
    erinelltay Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have been reading a healthy lifestyle book saying that rather than having lunch in the middle of the day and then in turn getting the 3pm sugar cravings, for morning tea when everyone else is having a coffee and biscuit you have lunch, then for your lunch break you have enough time for a drink and a walk, then for afternoon tea have another meal that will push you through until dinner. For meals they were talking salads with chicken or tuna and rice, proper lunch stuff. Apparently after you do that for a while the sugar cravings completely go. At the end of the day sugar cravings are just energy cravings so if you're fueling your body with a better energy you won't rely on that sugar hit.

I don't think I've explained it all that well, so I'll try and send you a picture of that section of the book, Becky. x
  • erinelltay
    Options
  • cmatthew88
    cmatthew88 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I find I get cravings at night - after dinner & dessert. I tend to crave white bread and devon!
    I don't know if it means I don't consume enough in general, enough carbs, enough water or a bad habit from breastfeeding. Probably all of the above.
  • erinelltay
    Options
    I always get cravings at night too. Always dairy, but sweet like a milkshake.