Cream Whipper

Options
DietPrada
DietPrada Posts: 1,171 Member
I just ordered one of these online. I really like guilt free diet jelly with a bit of cream, but just pouring it on is not great, and I can't be bothered manually whipping cream when I only need a little bit. I figure it will have a lot of air in it coming out of the cream whipper too, so a little bit will be a lot in volume.

Anyone have one of these? How do you find it?

wf5jl8til54g.png

Replies

• kimberwolf71
    kimberwolf71 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I do not have one but am very intigued. Just add hwc? It would eliminate the temptation of adding sweetener lol. Looking forward to hearing some reviews.
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    I adore mine. You have no idea how much you will love this. I usually go completely unsweetened (these days). I love being able to make it as sweet as I want and with whatever sweetener I want. A little vanilla is awesome. Try other flavors also.

This is a good buy. I love coffee with heavy cream and then a burst of whipped cream on top.
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I do not have one but am very intigued. Just add hwc? It would eliminate the temptation of adding sweetener lol. Looking forward to hearing some reviews.

You put HWC in, sweetener to taste, maybe some vanilla. Then you charge it using nitrous oxide chargers. Give it a few shakes, and you have awesome whipped cream.

Personally. I do it without sweetener all the time.
  • DietPrada
    Options
    I am planning on putting just cream in it. Perhaps a few drops of vanilla. I figure I normally have just plain cream on my jelly and I don't need the sweetener.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Yes! And I love it.
    I put cream, a little vanilla, and usually 1-2 Tbsp Splenda.
  • IowaHomeGirl
    IowaHomeGirl Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm always intrigued when I see the aerator on cooking shows. Someday I'm going to have one of those.
  • kimberwolf71
    kimberwolf71 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    So you can have your desired ingredients in there, just hanging out in the fridge until you get a hankering for some whipped goodness... kind of like those nasty aersol edible oil products you buy in the store... but so so much better? Sigh, looks like I need another gadget :smiley:
  • bjwoodzy
    bjwoodzy Posts: 593 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    yeah,
    So you can have your desired ingredients in there, just hanging out in the fridge until you get a hankering for some whipped goodness... kind of like those nasty aersol edible oil products you buy in the store... but so so much better? Sigh, looks like I need another gadget :smiley:

I'm also curious about the storing hwc and how that works between uses. Something tells me it would only make me eat more whipped cream (which I don't need). So yeah, how long will it stay good for, in the whipper? Same as sitting in the cream carton from the store? And does one need to be filled to capacity, to work? How many chargers do you go through for say, a few uses in a week/month? Seems pricey. I don't mind breaking out the hand mixer once or twice a month, honestly.
  • DietPrada
    edited January 2017
    Options
    From memory when I worked at Pizza Hut 25 years ago the charges last a while. I bought 10 charges for $7 which I don't think is too bad. I imagine the cream would keep in the whipper the same as it does in the plastic tub it comes in. They don't need to be full to work. I go through about a tub a week so I don't anticipate freshness will be an issue.