Reading Ketostix??

Options
Scochrane86
Scochrane86 Posts: 374 Member
Where should I be on the color chart while on keto?
a22y6cmkdme1.jpg

Replies

• StarshipFighter23
    StarshipFighter23 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Any change in colour shows that ketosis is taking place. I generally sit at or around the two darkest purple colours, but some people can still drop weight if the concentration of ketone bodies is actually quite low, particularly if they don't have huge amounts to lose. As I'm still approx. 30%+ body fat I'm breaking down a LOT of fat and as it's more than my body needs for energy the excess is flushed out. If you have less fat you might only be breaking down what you need so the stick will indicate much lighter. They're useful tool, but don't get disheartened if the colour isn't deep purple - any change means ketosis is taking place!
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Darker doesn't mean better. All you need is a positive result. The color is unimportant.
    The darker color DOES NOT you're burning more fat from any source. It has more to do with the concentration in the urine at that moment in time which is affected by hydration, how often you empty your bladder and drinking coffee to the point that is has you going to the bathroom every 30-40 minutes will show lower results as well.
    It does not mean more fat burning is happening.
  • Scochrane86
    Scochrane86 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the advice! I have not used (or read much) about these testing strips so its pretty new to me.