Need help. Accountability

Options
jaygirl3
jaygirl3 Posts: 320 Member
Hi ladies

So i am 15 weeks pregnant. And i have developed a food addiction. I am eatong when i am not hungry. Already gained 20 pounds at 15 weeks and honestly its from overeating not hunger. I just had a large pizza for dinner. I am at risk for diabetes and yet injust seem to always want to eat. Has anyone struggled with this? Can anyone pls be my accountability partner so i can communicate daily to them with my food log. Or any advise. Honestly i need help

Replies

• packersfan0103
    packersfan0103 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Add me. I try to check my account daily.
    Maybe you should take up something that will take up a lot of your time.
    I had a c-section 5 weeks ago. I was walking a mile and a half a day and by 7 months I only gained 18 pounds.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,949 Member
    Options
    I'm really struggling with wanting to eat vegetables right now so I wouldn't mind some support as well. Anyone have any good recipes?

@jaygirl3 Do you have a calorie goal set? Maybe you could try pre-making meals and freezing them?
  • steph2strong
    steph2strong Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I found exercise to be the most helpful thing during my last pregnancy and i plan to stay as active as possible this pregnancy. Try going for a walk instead of mindlessly eating.
    @VeryKatie, during weeks 7-13 last pregnancy I couldn't eat anything, especially not veggies and dairy. I lived off of cornflakes and chicken soup due to extreme nausea. After that I found I was able to eat a variety of foods again including vegetables, except the veggies I usually liked (steamed asparagus) I couldn't stomach but I found salad sat very well. I am only 4 weeks pregnant now and today was my first day of nausea (I thought maybe I would avoid it this time). It's not bad yet, I was able to stomach eggs and soup, but the toast tasted horrible to me and I had to throw it out, as well, one bite of banana and i was ready to vomit.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,949 Member
    Options
    @fernt21 soup is my jam right now hahaha. It's the one thing I want a lot of. But raw veggies and chicken are kind of a turn off. I can eat them, but they're just kind of icky. Not having issues with nausea so it's not really for a good reason like that. I just would rather have chips it seems... cooked veggies seem good though.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    I'm having a cheese aversion, and I love cheese.
  • steph2strong
    steph2strong Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    The staple of my diet is plain greek yogurt, last pregnancy just thinking about it made me vomit. I'm really hoping that doesn't happen this time. We shall see in a few weeks.
  • babypunkprincess
    babypunkprincess Posts: 109 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    My first pregnancy I gained 10 pounds in my first trimester from overeating just because. Once I hit the second trimester I logged everything. I didn't gain anything in my second trimester. It was so hard bc I was getting hungrier.... so I allowed one giant cheat day a week that helped. Third trimester I barely ate bc I got full so fast.

I watched carbs and sugar bc I was borderline gd.

This pregnancy I ate a lot still in my first trimester (almost 11 weeks now) but still logged plus I weigh food. My eating a lot was 2500 calories a day and not working out. I finally got a new battery for my scale and found out I only gained a pound. I am back to a normal appetite and have lost that pound and more eating at 2000-2200 a day and walking 3 times a week.

Its very hard but u just have to not eat over what ur allowed. Try to keep busy and if ur hungry snack on veggies
  • deo422
    deo422 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    How do I find out what I'm "allowed"? Go to maintenance?
  • charm_quark
    charm_quark Posts: 316 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    deo422 wrote: »
    From what I've read for the first trimester you set the calories to maintenance. Second trimester add 300 cals and third 500 cals per day.
    If you have twins, triplets etc. Add 300 cals per baby.
  • almostsuperpowered
    almostsuperpowered Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    deo422 wrote: »
    From what I've read for the first trimester you set the calories to maintenance. Second trimester add 300 cals and third 500 cals per day.
    If you have twins, triplets etc. Add 300 cals per baby.

This is what I have read as well.
  • almostsuperpowered
    almostsuperpowered Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    VeryKatie wrote: »
    @fernt21 soup is my jam right now hahaha. It's the one thing I want a lot of. But raw veggies and chicken are kind of a turn off. I can eat them, but they're just kind of icky. Not having issues with nausea so it's not really for a good reason like that. I just would rather have chips it seems... cooked veggies seem good though.

This cauliflower soup is simple and delicious, even though it looks like you need to spice it up it's not necessary: https://food52.com/recipes/15247-paul-bertolli-s-cauliflower-soup

I also go to farmboy and get their tomato basil soup. I think I ate soup daily when my food aversions were at their worst.