When will I have the energy to exercise?

Options
I started my Keto lifestyle 20 days ago, I want to exercise, but I'm still very weak. I can only go walking for about 10 minutes and I'm exhausted. When will I have the energy to exercise, does anyone know?

Replies

• tnmendoza89
    tnmendoza89 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Are you hitting your macro goals and consuming enough calories? Keto is suppose to give you MORE energy because ketones yield more ATP than glucose. Not sure why you're so fatigued. Enough water, electrolytes, calories?? Also, are you staying below 25-30g of carbs? Not sure if you're yo-yo-ing, but that may be a reason. Hope you gain energy soon!
  • jeanieneni
    jeanieneni Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi healthiersize10, Make sure you get enough sodium (salt) EVERY day. I started LCHF 10 weeks ago, and felt dreadful until I realised how important it is to take half a teaspoon of salt in a big glass of water, TWICE a day. Once I got this right, I felt much better. There may be other issues in your case. Do lots of research. Jeanieneni
  • healthersize10
    healthersize10 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My carbs are 20g are below and I drink a lot of water...
    I don't think I'm eating enough and I know I'm not getting enough salt...So these two points I will address. Thank you:)
  • MeSoKeTo2017
    MeSoKeTo2017 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi Healthersize10...I had to tweek my caloric intake with exercise...so if you are exercising you need to eat more calories for example... 2800 cal/day if you are going to exercise,=fat calories should be the highest, carbs and pros should equal the rest...keep your carbs below 30g/fats around 45g/your body fats 75g=120g (your body fat will be the other fat you will use for energy) pros around 70g....try this for a few days and see if that will help you. Everybody is different, tweek it to fit your routine and body's metabolism. Weigh and journal everyday until you get it right. Good Luck!
  • perfekta
    perfekta Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Yeah, my guess would be you aren't getting enough calories from fat. Good luck!!
  • ThePrimalWarrior
    ThePrimalWarrior Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Helpful thread, thank you :)
  • Whoniverse_Lover
    Whoniverse_Lover Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Don't exercise then. Let your body heal and get stronger first. Take a magnesium supplement. Add salt to your food. I had to drink tall glasses of water with 1/2 tsp of salt my first couple weeks. Get plenty of sleep. Don't be afraid of fat. Eat plenty of healthy fats. Avoid soybean, canola, vegetable, all refined oils/fats. Saturated fat is good for you contrary to what the doctor will tell you. Eat fatty meats, use - butter, cream, coconut oil (unrefined).

Eat a handful of salted macadamia nuts with a salted glass of water when you feel weak.