The difference - a reminder

Options
DietPrada
DietPrada Posts: 1,171 Member
I posted this as a comment but I think it deserves it's own post.

I was 123kg, I'm now 89. I honestly can't tell the difference in the mirror. 34kg gone and I still see a fat person.
But there are so many things that are easier or better now.

I can fly in cattle class and not be squished and uncomfortable.
Same at the movies.
I no longer get that angry red between my thighs in summer when I wear a skirt.
My shorts do not ride up.
I can bend over without squashing my stomach and finding it hard to breathe.
My underpants don't roll down.
I can cross my legs easily and comfortably.
I can buy clothes from the regular sizing (the bigger sizes of regular sizing but regular sizing nonetheless).
People don't see me as the fat girl anymore. Most of my co-workers are about my age, and carrying a few extra pounds but not what you'd call fat, and they accept me as one of their own.
My "skinny" friend now weighs more than me (same height)
I have collarbones (who knew)
I also have a jawline, and only one chin (also, who knew)
I have bones in my feet, and my feet are actually quite nice, not fat little piggies.
I can wear a tank top without looking like I'm sporting a pair of hams.
I have a waist, and it's actually quite small (big hips, big boobs)
I can sit on the plastic outdoor furniture without fear of it breaking.

Replies

• YAYA_of_2
    YAYA_of_2 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I love this!! ❤️❤️ congrats!!
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Those are awesome NSVs @EbonyDahlia . Congrats!
  • idocdlw
    idocdlw Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Wow! With all the changes, I can't believe you don't see a change in the mirror. Maybe you need to look at some before and after pics to appreciate your progress. Sometimes the changes come so gradually we don't appreciate how big they are...in fact, that is how some of us became bigger than we ever imagined...because we didn't see the changes day to day and it took going back to some "years before" pics to realize how far off track we had gotten.

Congrats on your weight loss...that is great! And all the little (and big) NSVs should reinforce that you are truly making moves in the right direction. Keep it up...you are an inspiration to the rest of us! :)
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    I can relate to still seeing the bigger me in the mirror. I looked at her all my life! But, recently, I've begun seeing the smaller me! I believe this has been since my profile picture was taken (was Thanksgiving) I recommend you look at more pictures of yourself on a regular basis. Also, I could have written your list of accomplishments. Congratulations to you!!
  • tattoomary
    tattoomary Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    LOL love this..especially the 'underpants doesnt roll down'....I hate this especially when Im at exercise class and keep having to pull my pants up over my tummy !!!
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    High five!
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Amazing job, congratulations on your victories! You will see that skinny lady looking back at you in the mirror soon :)
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Awsome! :)