Road Blocks/Challenges

What are some road blocks or challenges you are coming across in reaching your goal? Post them here to get feedback on how to overcome them!

Replies

• im2spooky4u
    im2spooky4u Posts: 71 Member
    My road block is more like an 80 car pile-up....lol! Living with the pain and exhaustion of fibromyalgia makes it hard to keep myself motivated. Then getting one injury after another on top of it.... ugh.... not fun. I'm hoping this weight loss challenge is the thing that will get my motivation strong enough to finally get back on track. I need all the help I can get with motivation!!
  • tlsenzig
    tlsenzig Posts: 3 Member
    That's a lot to have to deal with and would make staying motivated hard for anyone! This challenge should definitely help with that!!
  • tlsenzig
    tlsenzig Posts: 3 Member
    My biggest road block is the weekend when there is less routine to my day! And more temptations!!!
  • im2spooky4u
    tlsenzig wrote: »
    My biggest road block is the weekend when there is less routine to my day! And more temptations!!!

Yes, the weekends are hard! For me, making sure I keep a fitness and food log helps. It also helps to figure out meals and workouts for the weekend ahead of time. Pick a day during the week when you have a few minutes of extra time and make that your weekend planner day. Write down what workouts you want to do and your meals.
    :)
  • pdregney
    pdregney Posts: 1 Member
    I agree that weekends are the toughest. Definitely no routine and more likely to go out. Tonight going to corner pub. Trying to be extra cautious for lunch to allow for more calories tonifbt
  • jmshr101
    jmshr101 Posts: 2 Member
    Jnoble_89 wrote: »
    What are some road blocks or challenges you are coming across in reaching your goal? Post them here to get feedback on how to overcome them!

• jmshr101
    jmshr101 Posts: 2 Member
    It seems like every day there are temptations at work. So many nice co-workers bring in good good to share. Mostly delicious dessert. It's very hard to pass up trying some.
  • im2spooky4u
    jmshr101 wrote: »
    It seems like every day there are temptations at work. So many nice co-workers bring in good good to share. Mostly delicious dessert. It's very hard to pass up trying some.

I agree, it's very hard to pass up work goodies. I find it helps to first take a small portion, then cut that portion up into bite size pieces. Eat one piece and tuck the rest away if possible. Either in your lunch bag, locker, purse.... Some place that is not right with you. That way when you want a piece you have to walk for it.
  • Living with the pain and exhaustion of fibromyalgia makes it hard to keep myself motivated. I need all the help I can get with motivation!!
    I am cheering you on, im2spooky4u! Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome here. God bless.

• im2spooky4u
    I am cheering you on, im2spooky4u! Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome here. God bless.

Thank you! And I'll cheering right back for you! ✌❤

• Swim928
    Swim928 Posts: 1 Member
    My road block is weekends because we travel a lot. It is so hard to order healthy meals on the road. Just when I think I am doing well, I input it in my food log and I am sometime amazed at the calorie count of certain foods.
  • im2spooky4u
    Swim928 wrote: »
    My road block is weekends because we travel a lot. It is so hard to order healthy meals on the road. Just when I think I am doing well, I input it in my food log and I am sometime amazed at the calorie count of certain foods.

Traveling healthy is tough! Do you have a chance to workout while traveling? You can do a Google Image search for "Hotel workouts" and print off a few to take along with you. They can be done practically anywhere. Also, there are small coolers you can plug into your car to take along healthy snacks and drinks. You won't have to worry about melting ice making a mess. :)