January 2017 Goals

Options
smdelzer
smdelzer Posts: 167 Member
I know we're already halfway through the month, but I also know that I do my best with short-term goals, so I thought I'd start a monthly goal thread. I just got back in track after a year hiatus (and lots of weight gained).

January goals:
1. Log meals EVERYDAY (so far, so good)
2. Lose 12 pounds (down 8.6 so far)
3. Restart Julian Michael's 30-Day Shred

What about you?

Replies

• badats
    badats Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am keen to join a monthly goal thing. Did one years ago and found the small, short term goals were really motivating. I think we used to do 3 goals, 1 for fitness, one for food/water, and one for weight :)
    Anyway my goals are
    1) Drink more water - currently drinking next to no water, so trying to stop the coffee start the water.
    2) Exercise for at least 20 mins per day, even if it's just a walk around the block.
    3) Lose some weight by the end of the month, 12 days left in the month, shall we say 2kg

Oh also *waves, hi, new to the 30 something group, not new to MFP but haven't really used it for a long time :)
  • Annie831
    Annie831 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hi. This is actually something I just started because I always seem to get discouraged Everytime I look at where I want/ need to be and then give up.
    My goals for January are....
    Lose 5 pounds
    Drink more water about 75 oz
    And to complete a 30 day challenge
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    My goal this month is to run 35 miles. There is a running challenge thread in the main forums where I've been updating mileage throughout the month.
  • Azercord
    Azercord Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    I might as well jump in.
    1: Run 80 miles - weather is killing this one at the moment
    2: Continue 5/3/1
    3: Remember to work on horse stance
  • smdelzer
    Options
    Azercord wrote: »
    I might as well jump in.
    1: Run 80 miles - weather is killing this one at the moment
    2: Continue 5/3/1
    3: Remember to work on horse stance

What is 5/3/1? Just curious :smile:

• smdelzer
    Options
    Well, I did it! I restarted Jillian Michaels' 30-Day Shred tonight. It was so much harder than it used to be for me, so that was sad, but I feel so good about doing it! The hubs even did it with me to support. Everyone's goals are awesome! I need to add a water goal for sure. It's hard as a teacher because I can't pee whenever I want, LOL
  • badats
    Options
    Ooh you're a teacher! Me too :) Still on holiday here in NZ though, and yeah I hear ya on the peeing thing! I have to remind myself to go during breaks even if I don't need to go.
    40 mins on my walker thingee tonight, legs were hurting but it was made easier by watching netflix as I went lol.
  • CoachBrafford
    CoachBrafford Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Goals: Get injury free, body's falling to crap as of late.
    Help others do the same.
    Find a copy of Rob Base and EZ Rocks "It Takes Two" on vinyl. Just to annoy my wife. :-)
  • CoachBrafford
    CoachBrafford Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    O yeah, here is a link, to some awesome guides and links I have found ranging from nutrition, to Sleep, mental health and whats in food, or sunscreen blah. (Yes selfless promotion of blog page :-)
    Health Links Page
  • Azercord
    Azercord Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    @smdelzer Wendler 531 is a lifting program that focuses on a few core lifts at a heavy weight and works well if you are in a time crunch (which is why I use it). I've been enjoying it so far and will definitely give it a few more months to see where it takes me.
  • smdelzer
    Options
    @CoachBrafford Great goals! Hilarious about annoying your wife!
    @badats You're still on holiday break? Wow, very cool. What do you teach? I teach 6th grade English, History, and AVID (a college-prep class).

Another week in January done. I only did the one workout, but my eating was pretty good and I lost 2.2.
    Goal to get in 3 workouts this week and plan dinners for the week by tonight. Off to grade 7 sets of papers first...

:) Shannon
  • badats
    Options
    Hi Shannon,

Yes we are currently on "summer" vacation, summer has been terrible though. Start back on the 31st of Jan. I teach high school Maths (Years 9-13, kids aged 13-18). Was only my first year last year, really looking forward to this year and knowing a little bit more about what it is I am doing! :)

Went away for the weekend and exercise went out the window, back into now though.

Jocelyn
  • KatieTee83
    KatieTee83 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Hi group! I'm looking to finish the month strong and do as much as I can to get myself back on track.

End-of-Jan Goals:
    1. Stick with my exercise plan as scheduled
    2. Go to bed on time
    3. Drink all my water during the day

Obviously there's a vague goal in my brain to lose as many of the pounds that have crept back on as possible to get back to the progress point I had made several months ago, but, no set number in mind, just hoping to make forward progress and focus on re-creating healthy habits.
  • ashleyrfwood
    ashleyrfwood Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Getting in here even though it's the last minute because I have a lot of work to do in the next five days. So my original weight goal was to lose 10 lbs. this month. I have 3.8 left...fingers crossed! I also set a goal to eliminate any processed sugar from my diet which I'm sort of grouping with trying to stop mindless snacking. I'm doing a little better with this, but not there yet. Also, I have set a goal to actually participate here in some groups to make sure I have accountability.

@smdelzer Thanks for the thread!
  • devdela
    devdela Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love mini goals, so I will jump right into this thread with only several days left in this month. I want to continue playing with my new fitness tracker (yes new, I'm awkwardly late to most trends) and continue my five day streak of at least 10K steps with at least 2K AM cycling steps, 2K PM intense steps and 2K moderate steps for the last three days of this month. Hope everyone is doing well!
  • RAZORBACK82
    RAZORBACK82 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I hope all is well. I love mini goals. I have set myself up for 3lbs every two weeks. It helps me focus on the right now victories which add up tremendously over time. So far I've lost 9lbs.

Tons of water
    Short term victories
    4 days of 1 hour or exercise
    No fast food

Working well so far