Keto screw up rant and looking for support

Options
Hi everyone! I started Keto a week ago. I have been doing tons of research, bought three books and have been totally strictly committed. Today I stupidly ate corn on the cob, I forgot about corn actually being a grain and not a vegetable I was just thinking veggie. I have been staying at no more than 20 carbs a day and I just know I probably kicked myself out of Ketosis over corn! I'm just so sick about it. So I'm looking for fellow Keto friends to help get me through, share our progress and even yummy recipes! I started this diet because of the success of lowering blood pressure fast. I am a stroke risk at only 29 mostly from bad genes but hoping to have success on Keto.

Replies

• KristinNitsirk
    KristinNitsirk Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    That suxs. Corn is sneaky.
  • dasher602014
    dasher602014 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    Great to have you here! Welcome! One meal with corn, is simply one higher carb, high fiber meal. Not keto certainly. Just go back to keto eating.

I get my recipes from:

dietdoctor.com
    ruled.me
    IbreatheIamhungry

There are others recipe sites in the Launchpad up ^^^^^^. Have a look. My understanding that the diet works well for blood pressure.

Looking forward to hearing of your successes.
  • chelseabarnwell42
    chelseabarnwell42 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    @KristinNitsirk I know darn sneaky corn if I wanted to go over my carbs I would have chose something like ice cream haha ;)
  • chelseabarnwell42
    Options
    @dasher602014 Thank you so much!! You made me feel better!
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group ....you will find awesome people with lots of great support/info :)
  • chelseabarnwell42
    Options
    @GaleHawkins Thank you for your response you made me feel so much better I guess I need to relax haha I'm just panicked about how out of control my bp is despite two medications and tons of medicine twerks. I'm so glad to know Keto is working for your blood pressure that gives me hope! Thank you for helping me relax! :smiley:
  • suzc11
    suzc11 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Glad to see you found your way here after the main board. It's just not worth trying to argue it out! FWIW once upon a time - up till 5 years ago - a calorie deficit alone was enough. That stopped working. And loads of little health issues crept in. I have no idea why keto works for me, but it does. All I know for sure is I feel loads better and have lost 24 lbs in 4 months.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    This link has some good info that should make you feel better.

http://www.tuitnutrition.com/2016/01/dont-be-a-ketard1.html

I have been on the keto diet for a year and half. I am on it to control inflammation and pain as I have RA. I sometimes eat something higher carb and it's no big deal for me. I will usually be back in ketosis by the next day at the very latest.
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    anglyn1 wrote: »
    This link has some good info that should make you feel better.

http://www.tuitnutrition.com/2016/01/dont-be-a-ketard1.html

I have been on the keto diet for a year and half. I am on it to control inflammation and pain as I have RA. I sometimes eat something higher carb and it's no big deal for me. I will usually be back in ketosis by the next day at the very latest.

Great advice, @anglyn1.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Great to have you here! Welcome! One meal with corn, is simply one higher carb, high fiber meal. Not keto certainly. Just go back to keto eating.

Agree! It want cake. It was corn. Add to that you're new and it was an honest mistake... just a learning opportunity, that's all.

And definitely read that link @anglyn1 shared. It'll help a lot.
  • chelseabarnwell42
    Options
    Thank you all!!!!!