Week of Jan 16 to Jan 22: Goals and Results

Options
bm1409
bm1409 Posts: 1,715 Member
I really need to get back to exercising. I worked out only one time last week. This cold weather is kicking my butt. Good luck everyone!

Replies

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    New week, yay!

I did well with food again last week, and better with exercise -- I got in 4 of my 5 planned runs and was only 2.5 mi short of my (not that ambitious yet) weekly mileage goal. I didn't manage to swim or bike, so adding those back in (2 swims, one spin class or other indoor ride of some sort) is my twist for this week. (Gross icy rain currently, so glad today is an off day from running.)

Sleep was spotty again, so I will keep working on that. I've about decided to give up caring about cutting back on coffee, but will see if now that my life should be a bit less stressful sleep is better. If not I will go back to cutting back on coffee next week.
  • tress29
    tress29 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I'm going to MD this weekend, so I need to keep on track as much as possible before I go!

I've been doing pretty well staying within calories. I've gone over a few times, less than 100 calories in most cases. I've met my water and sleep goals most days. Just lacking in activity. :-(
  • jrortega1912
    jrortega1912 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I met my diet Dr. Pepper goal, sleep goal and logging daily goal. I just need to work on keeping within calories range and walk/run everyday. I bought a new pair of running shoes. I am going to walk/run to the rail station after work if weather permits.
  • taniajoh
    taniajoh Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I have lost a little more than planned (I think this can happen at the very beginning of a diet)and I'm mentally preparing for when the weight loss slows down: I'm trying to find things I can tell myself in order to stay motivated and happy with myself when it happens..Also, my goal this week is to make it to the gym 3 times...I am soooo busy at the moment , and sooo tired but I just have to go whatever happens..
    I met my diet Dr. Pepper goal, sleep goal and logging daily goal. I just need to work on keeping within calories range and walk/run everyday. I bought a new pair of running shoes. I am going to walk/run to the rail station after work if weather permits.
    running to/from work is indeed a really good idea to exercice and save time!

• tress29
    Options
    I met my diet Dr. Pepper goal
    Are you trying to reduce how much you drink? Or convert all your Dr. Pepper consumption to diet Dr. pepper? I've changed my soda habits by not buying it at home. If I'm out I might decide to drink a diet soda. It's just part of the dining out experience.

• jrortega1912
    Options
    Hi tress29, I am reducing the amount of diet Dr. Peppers. Just like you I don't keep the soda at home. I drive to McDonalds or Quick Trip and get my fix. I was drinking 3 to 4 a day, Now I drink water. One day last week I could have killed for diet Dr. Pepper. Luckily, there was only coke products including water. So I settled for the water.
  • barbhat13
    barbhat13 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Progress: sick with ER work germs then threw back out..... To doctors today for meds and physical therapy... Knee still not ready to run. So stalled but still looking forward to healthier eating and habits.... No diet coke for 4 weeks!
  • lemurcat12
    Options
    Frustrating, barbhat! Sometimes it does help to focus on one major thing at a time, though, so maybe this is an opportunity for that.

I downloaded some meditation/relaxation apps to try this week. So far, I haven't. ;-)
  • jrortega1912
    Options
    https://youtu.be/bmjmMg5WrOc
    One of my coworkers sent this to me today. This is how I felt this morning.
  • lemurcat12
    Options
    That's hilarious!
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    Oops! Just realized there was a new challenge. :# I filled in my info in the chart to catch up. This year I'm trying to incorporate more exercise/activity. I'm also trying to lose about 1 pound per week.
  • lemurcat12
    Options
    Welcome! Glad you joined us.
  • whiplashy
    whiplashy Posts: 52 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Lost 3lb this week! Delighted with that. Had a very good week overall. I really need to work on getting more sleep though.
  • jerseygene
    jerseygene Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    whiplashy wrote: »
    Lost 3lb this week! Delighted with that. Had a very good week overall. I really need to work on getting more sleep though.

Fantastik well done.
  • jerseygene
    Options
    Lost 5.2 this week well happy with that but I know it will soon slow that's three weeks I have hade a good loss so we will see on Sunday the 29th. Well done to you all.
  • bm1409
    bm1409 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    jerseygene wrote: »
    Lost 5.2 this week well happy with that but I know it will soon slow that's three weeks I have hade a good loss so we will see on Sunday the 29th. Well done to you all.

wow! your doing amazing!
  • tress29
    Options
    I'm down another pound! Even being on maintenance for the last 3 days! I did get about 4x my normal steps, so I guess that helped offset the travel food.

I bought a new dress for the weekend, it's a Lauren Conrad and a size 10!!
  • lemurcat12
    Options
    Yay for all the weight loss!

I did pretty well last week. Stuck to plan with my eating, logged consistently, and hit all of my planned workouts but the swimming and ran as many (actually more) miles as the plan called for. Trick next week is getting better about sleep and getting in at least one, ideally two, times in the pool.

(Not weighing this month and trying to gauge by clothes instead. Am going to start that again next month, I think, but I was getting a little in my head about it.)
  • jerseygene
    Options
    bm1409 wrote: »
    jerseygene wrote: »

wow! your doing amazing!

Thank you.
  • jrortega1912
    Options
    Up 2.5. Too many chips