My Weight

Options
I went to weigh in today and I swore I lost weight but when I got on the scale it said I gained 2 pounds. I just don't understand how when I have been doing all the right stuff.

Replies

• WHD1000
    WHD1000 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    if you have been exercising- in particular with weights- you may be building muscle- which weighs more than the stuff that we want to lose! so- if your clothes are feeling at all different- or you are seeing changes in shape- that is a good thing ( frustrating I know!!!- but muscle burns more calories than fat and will help you get to where you want to be!). Don't give up or let the scale rule you ( says a complete scale watcher...)
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Obviously it could be a number of things. However, when I plateau and have been strictly following nutrition and exercise for a while. I find my body has adjusted to my restrictions and/or the same routine. I look into refeed days, carb cycling and/or switching up my workouts. Push through, don't get discouraged
  • carmatiz
    carmatiz Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Try to look at the food your eating. Changing up your diet might help. I had to do that. I was consuming to much sodium and carbs.
  • JamesAztec
    JamesAztec Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Remember that scale reading is one snapshot in time. There are MANY factors that go into eeight gain or loss. I use Trend Weight to average the readings. I feel that's a more accurate way. And you'll avoid big fluctuations for seemingly no reason.