Splurge Days

Brendalea69
Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
How often do you have a splurge day and what does it consist of?

For me I have one once week and I eat whatever I want all day :)

Replies

• DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    My splurge meal is simply eating at maintenance level that day or slightly above. I save them for times when I'm going on an outing or family get together.

Joe mentioned something about a 10 day spread. That would basically be 3 a month.
  • kabrigail
    kabrigail Posts: 149 Member
    I eat whatever I want. Sometimes I'll have a splurge day if it's just been a little bit since I've had one (maybe a couple weeks), and usually it ends up being when someone invites me to lunch or a get together. And I'll have lunch and dinner that day. My stomach has shrunk so much it's hard to eat dinner after having lunch, but I try to eat something for dinner anyways.
  • dajoloehr
    dajoloehr Posts: 447 Member
    I usually have " intentional" splurge says on Sat. I eat whatever, whenever I want that day. I've noticed since going OMAD, it's been easier for me to come back from the splurges, but I'm going to try in Feb. to only have 2 days instead of 4 in z month.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    dajoloehr wrote: »
    I usually have " intentional" splurge says on Sat. I eat whatever, whenever I want that day. I've noticed since going OMAD, it's been easier for me to come back from the splurges, but I'm going to try in Feb. to only have 2 days instead of 4 in z month.

I may try that next month too and see if it makes a difference in weight loss.
  • secret_despair30
    secret_despair30 Posts: 57 Member
    My splurge day revolves around my weekly visit to my local theme park. Its lunch, dinner and maybe a snack. Since for me, it still feels like im binging, I would have been doing tons of exercise that day, so even on my spurge days, I exercise more to make up for the extra calories consumed!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    I used to have mandatory splurge days. I thought I needed it for my sanity. Now I'm getting where I can do without them. I think they are ok, and sometimes I think they are critical and needed. I usually will still do a 16:8 on a splurge day unless I'm going out early to do some exercise, then I will eat breakfast.