A challenge a week

Options
Hello all,
I would like to start a CHALLENGE A WEEK!!!daily seems to go by the wayside with me and since I been logging in and joined the challenge a day it has gone by the wayside! I guess time is of the essence so I am suggesting that we all come up with a weekly challenge before I put a challenge I need feedback and some suggestions of challenges. So please consider this and get back to me with some positive challenges and we will start one day and go seven days with this challenge and have completion replies if you accomplish or even if you don't just share your experiences. Thanks be safe Dee

Replies

• betsym3
    betsym3 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Sounds good to me! How about something like tracking in Myfitness.pal for a week (food & exercise), or something like that?
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,940 Member
    Options
    Great idea! Betsym's is a good idea or pick an walking/running/ biking goal (step/distance ) for the week. We could also choose a couple of exercises to do daily or so many times per week. I've also been in a group with appreciate your body week when you are supposed to think/post positive thoughts about our bodies. (ex. "My husband mentioned how strong my shoulders are....I love my eyes....I have great hair....My legs are strong").
  • lps1dragonfly
    lps1dragonfly Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    These first two stole all my ideas!!! hehe I think a weekly challenge will be better. Easier to manage I think. I'm bad about checking these things regularly anyway!
  • motivatedeeat74
    motivatedeeat74 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    yes it is really sounding good with all of you so put some suggestions up and we can start ASAP real concrete suggestions and yes combining our food and exercise would be ideal let me know I am more up to doing weekly than daily as at times we get busy etc. be safe all and let us get started take the rest of this week for suggestions and let us start on January 30 which means we need to gather on Friday /Saturday and start on Monday and end on Saturday!! Sunday is off day! Dee
  • betsym3
    Options
    yes it is really sounding good with all of you so put some suggestions up and we can start ASAP real concrete suggestions and yes combining our food and exercise would be ideal let me know I am more up to doing weekly than daily as at times we get busy etc. be safe all and let us get started take the rest of this week for suggestions and let us start on January 30 which means we need to gather on Friday /Saturday and start on Monday and end on Saturday!! Sunday is off day! Dee

Sounds good to me!
  • KathyOrtiz15
    KathyOrtiz15 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I love the weekly approach, and I think tracking is a good idea.
  • motivatedeeat74
    Options
    hello well here is my first challenge for the week record all and I mean ALL FOOD INTAKE and see if you keep up or go over your calorie limit and record how many days this is done starting on Monday January 30,2017 add to this any exercise you do that helps you burn calories. Good luck Friends be honest on days you miss record them also This is to be for a week Monday to Saturday! We take Sundays off!
  • betsym3
    Options
    Okay. I haven't been logging each day and lost my streak. Good news is that I'm back on track. So for this week I hope to track everyday, and be under 180 lbs by Saturday morning! I hope that I can do it. Good luck to all of you.
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,940 Member
    Options
    I'm in.
  • firstmate15
    firstmate15 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I used to use MFP, been a while. Would like to be a part of the group. In addition to exercise, I'd like to add challenges of self care. Something I don't do enough. Want to get to a healthy weight. Just started meditating to help manage my stress and overeating. Would be happy to offer challenges in that area if anyone is interested. I had lost 15pds but put in back in over last year due to a rough year at work. I want 2017 to be the year for me. So if you can help me, I will be happy to support you. And challenge you too!!
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,147 Member
    Options
    I definitely would like to be a part of the group! I have been challenging myself to get up every hour and do something for 10 minutes. Exercise, housework,, things like that.
  • motivatedeeat74
    Options
    Well how are we doing with the weekly challenge? I have been posting weekly and have done it for 20 days straight so far it is hard at times but I intend to stick with it sometimes I think I be selling myself "short" but I just keep going !!! Been stressed as my husband is not working due to illness and it is hard not to grab that candy bar to soothe your nerves etc. but I an doing good please let me know if any of you are doing this challenge and how are you doing much love!!! Valentine's day is fast approaching I told him NO CHOCOLATES BUT I THINK I WILL HAVE SOME BUT DARK!!!!
  • betsym3
    Options
    Well I didn't make it to 180 yet, but have logged consistently. I'm at 181.8 right now. So for this week 2-12-17 - 2-18-17, I hope to be at 180 or under! Have a great week everyone!
  • fanncy0626
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I did it! I logged all food and exercise this week! Ready for this weeks challenge!
  • Arismum
    Arismum Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Great idea! I'm going to challenge myself to go for a walk every day. I've been very lax lately... :(
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    I
    Arismum wrote: »
    Great idea! I'm going to challenge myself to go for a walk every day. I've been very lax lately... :(

I think that is a great challenge. I will join you! I need to move more and get outside this week. It will finally be warm enough that I won't freeze my face off!

Mary
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    I took 2 walks today!
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    I walked yesterday and I am getting ready to go for my today. It is quite cold out but when I am in a challenge I like to complete it.

How's everybody else doing on their weekly challenges?
  • motivatedeeat74
    Options
    well it has been 10 days no responses!!o0r should I say are you willing to keep it up? I have been doing my recording my food but got sidetracked by this site not picking up my recordings ! I rebelled and canceled my paid subscription but still will be on this site just like I was before I signed up for premium but it is better as I saw nothing better with the premium but my fee being taken!! I am sort of venting about these sites this is the second one that has banged me around after I signed up for premium. Have a good weekend and try to do your challenge I am back at the gym and my chair! also walking but not much!
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    I am still here with you! I am walking and exercising daily. I log all food in advance. It was hard to give up chocolate on Valentine's Day but very doable! Have a great day!