Sign-in, January 24

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• RangerRickL
    edited January 2017
    Options
    w61u0nyu52t0.jpg

The month is not over yet, but the UAC February page has been set up. Hopefully, this is the link http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/118645-ultimate-accountability-challenge-february-2017
    Please share the link with your MFP friends. Thanks, Rick

I'm not the techie. The credit goes to Jessica Bannister in our office. She is our law firm administrator and CIO.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    Well a shoutout to Jessica <3 THANKS JESSICA !!!! <3
    I stayed up late last night as I was reading a mystery and needed to know they caught the bad guy as I wouldn't be able to sleep anyway. I actually thought it was my hubbys night off and when all of a sudden he was getting ready for work i thought oh man this is bad I am going to be home alone. Thank goodness I am a fast reader. lol

I have to keep reminding myself that it is still January as it feels more like march I know when the snow comes back I am going to hit a wall of depression.

This week is my Saturday so I have a few early days to compensate so I have lots of plans I was hoping for nice weather so I could hit the park but we will see. till later,
  • RunningMom1038
    RunningMom1038 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Well, I am finally able to see land after two days of nothing but the Gulf of Mexico. Our cruise got extended because of weather and we spent all day yesterday rocking and rolling with the waves. It was quite an experience! Scary at first, but I eventually got accustomed to it and it was hilarious trying to walk around and watch others trying to walk. Even though I'm out of the challenge for this month, I'll be checking in for the rest of the month starting tomorrow. I've tried keeping calorie estimates and spent plenty of time in the gym, but I know my counts couldn't have been accurate. Good luck to everyone for the final days of January!
  • NameItNClaimIt
    NameItNClaimIt Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Cute page. Hard to believe it is almost Groundhog Day. I love the minions.
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? NO (overslept ended up doing dinner cooking prep on my work break)

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? NO (about 220 cals over. I could have been under, had I exercised).

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? YES (I'm proud that I kept myself accountable by tracking even though I was over)

Shout out to Jessica for setting up next month's challenge! Thanks, Rick, for keeping this going!
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    Oy it's snowing :s I got everything done except hitting the park. I did the DVD I don't like to be cold. I gave up the hope that there won't be any more snow and ordered another pair of boots. Presently I am wearing my nephews red boots as they just pull on and are easy peasy. I had them in black and we swapped after some one picked on him on the bus. That was when he was in kindergarten now he's in middle school lol. Time for some big girl boots ;) I own hiking boots but when everyone is walking in or leaving its hard to lace up in the coat room. Those red boots were easy to find in the sea of boots. Lol I should have stuck with a funky color and not gone the traditional brown. Have a good night everyone.
  • NameItNClaimIt
    NameItNClaimIt Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • pears734
    pears734 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Exercise? Yes; 36 minutes of strength training, 50 minute run, and 30 minute walk
    Calories? Yes
    Tracking? Yes
  • hkaccompanist
    hkaccompanist Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Walked with my friend and her cute little son - Exercise, Kind of, slow walking with some running.
    I had a big Chinese lunch with my friend before our walk. My original plan was only order egg drop soup, but my friend wanted me to have Shrimp Lo Mein and Chinese dumplings (which I only had 2 and politely said no for the others)... then the owner made me something special to try (friend Chinese taro root).
    Since I had a big lunch, I didn't eat at my son's school pizza night and wanted to grab something light at home. However when I came home, my hubby had already prepared spaghetti with Marcella Hazan meat sauce. So, long story short, I ate a bowl. - under calorie? I don't think so......
    I did track everything...

I will try my very best to stay focus this weekend, but it will be extremely hard. Friday Chinese New Year's eve big dinner with family and friends, out-of-town Korean lunch on Saturday and a birthday party on Sunday! Oh goodness!!!
  • fitqueenbess
    fitqueenbess Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    JANUARY 24 - I was attached by dark chocolate covered almonds at the grocery! They almost derailed my otherwise careful day but I switched out my substantial dinner plan for some butternut and pear soup with parm toast and just squeezed by. Yikes!

Yes x 3 - Noontime hike in the woods at 57 degrees, 3+ miles. According to the internet, "Happiness is maximized at 57 degrees." I'm ok with that.

• RangerRickL
    Options
    You are all such wonderful people!! I am going to have to check in with @am_change She is missing. We may need to contact Scotland Yard.
    Exercise: an easy walk on my treadmill
    Calories: Ok...I'm doing well at maintenance. Due to this group, I made it through all the holidays unscathed. That was the first time ever!
    Tracking: ok
  • phoebelayla
    phoebelayla Posts: 1,182 Member
    Options
    Well, I am finally able to see land after two days of nothing but the Gulf of Mexico. Our cruise got extended because of weather and we spent all day yesterday rocking and rolling with the waves. It was quite an experience! Scary at first, but I eventually got accustomed to it and it was hilarious trying to walk around and watch others trying to walk. Even though I'm out of the challenge for this month, I'll be checking in for the rest of the month starting tomorrow. I've tried keeping calorie estimates and spent plenty of time in the gym, but I know my counts couldn't have been accurate. Good luck to everyone for the final days of January!

Welcome Back! BTW, I got seasick just hearing your description. ;) I am impressed that you are jumping right back in. Way to go!
  • phoebelayla
    phoebelayla Posts: 1,182 Member
    Options
    I love those minions, even though my kids are way over them. We went to Universal Studios Hollywood over Christmas break and my favorite ride was the minions. It is a motion simulated ride with 3D graphics and it really looks like you can just reach out a pick them up in your hand! OK, sure the motion simulation part made me nauseous (see above), but whatever.

Had a great day and turned down junk food at work today. Woohoo.

Exercise- lifted weights 60 minutes with lots of push-ups too.
    Calories- yes
    Track- yes
  • RunningMom1038
    RunningMom1038 Posts: 144 Member
    Options

Welcome Back! BTW, I got seasick just hearing your description. ;) I am impressed that you are jumping right back in. Way to go!

I hope I didn't speak too soon! As of now, I still feel like I'm on the ship! I wanted to get in a run tonight, but I'm scared I'll fall off my treadmill. Lol! Maybe I'll wake up feeling normal tomorrow. :D
  • cdjackson568
    cdjackson568 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Exercise 35 min walk
    Calories yes
    Tracking yes
  • ICameToGetDown
    ICameToGetDown Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    @RangerRickL I am still alive :-)
    Totally out of this challenge, but I should check in.
    Traveling really derails me. I did work out a few days, but the food and drink are quite a challenge.
    The past few months have me thinking that this is what maintenance will be like. I am not at goal, but it is in sight.
    I went back to 21 Day Fix workouts for the week before I start a new program. I have done this quite a few times, but still love it as it is 30 minutes and really works a lot of muscle groups. It amazes me that I still get "good" sore, even though I am active and just finished another program. I am not a coach, just really enjoy that workout, I never did the food plan.

Today was Upper Fix
    a0s6b9jlgwww.jpg
  • Shutterbuggg
    Shutterbuggg Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    WoooHoo New month, new challenge! :smile:
    @hkaccompanist I'm hungry just thinking about your celebrations over the weekend!

Exercise? Yes, but I completely butt-faced my husband. My lil guy was sick at home today, so my husband was going to meet me at the gym with the kiddo so he could workout in the class after me. Well I somehow ended up with both sets of our keys and he couldn't get to the gym :# Whoops
    Calories/Tracking? Yes. My close friend sent me cookies and ice cream to my work to cheer me up. Very kind but not easy to keep under my goal. I only had 2.5 cookies and none of the ice cream, and thankfully the exercise for today took care of them. Close call though
  • Sidaleeyaya
    Sidaleeyaya Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Exercise - Yes
    Calories - Yes
    Tracking - Yes
  • hkaccompanist
    hkaccompanist Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    No exercise at all, today is my busiest day. Starting from 8a.m. and non-stop working till 5:30, then a dinner break with family and friends, work again from 7 till midnight. I am just exhausted. I probably have under 3000 steps for the whole day ☹️
    I am learning about self-control with food. Even though I probably had enough calorie for a cannoli, but I was not crazy for it at the moment, so didn't eat one. Quite proud of myself about that because I used to be a snack queen! So yes for under calorie budget.
    I didn't have time to track everything earlier, had to do this right after midnight, but I did log everything.