Bacon Toaster

Options
bowlerae
bowlerae Posts: 555 Member
I apologize if this has already been shared, but....

http://nostalgiaelectrics.com/product/bcn6bk-bacon-express/

Replies

• 1thankful_momma
    1thankful_momma Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I just looked this up on Amazon and the feedback on it is not good. Too bad, would be nice to have
  • petunia773
    petunia773 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I saw feedback on a Facebook group that I belong to and it is junk.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I think it was @Kirkor who originally suggested taking a George Foreman grill and FLIPPING IT UPSIDE DOWN to make bacon and eggs easily... Just make sure you have a trivet or oven mitt under it to prevent accidental heat transfer...
  • swezeytba
    swezeytba Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I just bake my bacon in the oven on a cookie sheet @ 350 degrees. You can bake it to whatever texture you prefer and always comes out flat and so much easier than sitting over a frying pan, etc.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    I don't like have a gadget that is good for only one task. My oven, microwave, and stove top all do a wonderful job cooking bacon.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    I think it was @Kirkor who originally suggested taking a George Foreman grill and FLIPPING IT UPSIDE DOWN to make bacon and eggs easily... Just make sure you have a trivet or oven mitt under it to prevent accidental heat transfer...

I cannot think about bacon on a George Forman grill without thinking of the Office and Michael's foot. :D
  • soechsner09
    soechsner09 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I saw that in a Facebook group too ... I just keep thinking it must be awful to clean :D haha
  • DietPrada
    DietPrada Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I inherited my Dad's air fryer when he passed away. I don't know how I lived without one before. It does bacon perfectly crispy in about 14 minutes and is super easy to clean.
  • mandycat223
    mandycat223 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I don't like have a gadget that is good for only one task. My oven, microwave, and stove top all do a wonderful job cooking bacon.

This doodad must be the brainchild of the same genius who dreamed up the electric smores maker. Talk about one trick ponies.

• missippibelle
    missippibelle Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I do a pound at a time in the oven too. I will never go back to skillet frying.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I did see one of those "test cooking" best practices shows the other day that showed the best way to cook bacon on the stovetop was to put water in it to just cover, then cook it off to crisp. That way the insides get done properly before the outside crisps... I just thought it was really interesting.
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options

Yup that was one of my "ah hah!" moments! :blush:
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options

Interesting! I never would have thought of that.
  • macchiatto
    Options
    kirkor wrote: »

Can you give more details of how this works? I imagine the bacon would take a lot longer than the eggs?
  • macchiatto
    Options
    I do a pound at a time in the oven too. I will never go back to skillet frying.

I skillet fried this morning b/c I thought it would be faster than my usual oven method.
    Never again.
  • kirkor
    Options
    macchiatto wrote: »
    kirkor wrote: »

Can you give more details of how this works? I imagine the bacon would take a lot longer than the eggs?

It's just like using any other pan:

8oHyYyi.jpg
  • kirkor
    Options
    And to bring it back to the original post, man, why are we always creating special appliances? Back in the day we didn't need a whole 'nother toaster! ;)

zf2MCnB.jpg
  • BishopLord
    BishopLord Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I like bacon, but now that a package or fresh from the deli is $5.99 and up for 1 lbs, that is crazy. 2.5 lbs of frozen Tyson chicken can be bought for the same price and is more filling.

However, if and when I do decide to buy bacon again, I'm going to use my new kitchen gadget that I've been getting plenty of use since I bought it last November:

51TarC69%2BCL._SX425_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01I5YCHNA/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options

This doodad must be the brainchild of the same genius who dreamed up the electric smores maker. Talk about one trick ponies.

Au contraire! A lot of those Nostalgia products look like one-trick ponies, but most were originally invented for other reasons. This thing is actually a sock-dryer that you can also use for bacon and warming hamster blankets on cold nights.

This one was created to warm bodily extremities (though it can also warm cheese stix when you have a toothache).

PS Here's a keto pizza healer.