curious as to keto/low carb

Options
gidget_05
gidget_05 Posts: 21 Member
I seen something about the keto diet on facebook. I asked what it was but no response. I am serious about losing weight it has become a life saving thing for me now. I would love extra help, support, recipes...whatever please

Replies

• BeautifulScars
    BeautifulScars Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi there, your macros are set at 10% carbs, 20% protein, 70% fat. There are macro calculators online, as well as how to get started and meal plans. :)
  • rosan7534
    rosan7534 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have to low carb because I had a vertical sleeve gastrectomy. I started at 261 lbs. and stalled at 163, so for the new year I dropped my carbs to 20 total, not net. So far I'm down to 151 :) I have special requirements, but basically I try to keep calories at 1,000, carbs at 20, protein at 80-90, and at least 70 oz. of water. I am under doctor supervision so this won't be a good match for most. I also do boot camp, spin, or go running 5 days a week. Wish me luck another 31 lbs to go :)
  • whiskeykittentoo
    whiskeykittentoo Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, gidget_05 - I just started LCHF (keto) and I'm seeing results already and it's only just on 2 weeks that I've been doing it. It's hard to kick the carbs and sugar for some, but once you do and you see results (happens to quite quickly) it gets so much easier. And the food is DELICIOUS!
  • AngiesCookie
    AngiesCookie Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    check out Keto for bad-*kitten* babes group on FB. you will find ANY answer and THEN some on that group. its an international Women-only FB group for Keto-ers. I've not been a stranger to low carb (but I stay in ketosis = "lazy keto") but this group is really great and highly active!!
  • JuliaJulieJules
    JuliaJulieJules Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    @AngiesCookie - Is the title acually, Keto for Bad "Kitten" Babes??? I searched every variation of that I could think of and came up with nothing. Would you mind to post the link?
  • AngiesCookie
    Options
    no
    LOL
    *kitten* is the word. not kitten. THANKS AUTOFILTER!
  • AngiesCookie
    Options
    @JuliaJulieJules Keto for Bada$$ babes