New

Options
Hi everyone. My name is Evan and I am new on here. I have been dealing with emotional eating and binge eating disorder for over ten years now. It has ruined all aspects of my life. Physical, financial, emotional, mental, etc. I am now at my current highest weight (495) and am ready to do anything to make a change. Guess I just signed up here for any possible form of support. Feel free to add me or message me, I'm looking for any type of support I can find and am willing to try to provide any support I can in return. Thanks!

Replies

• mueck1
    mueck1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi Evan- you are in the right spot. I also struggle with binging for almost 30 years now. I try to say to myself how am I going to feel tomorrow am if I eat this tonight. I am day to day and just joined WW yesterday! Good luck to you.
  • Kristykris31
    Kristykris31 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Hi Evan, welcome! I also have binge eating disorder and have a lot of weight to lose. I have only been checking in with this group for the past month, but everyone is in the same boat and I have found it really helpful. I hope it helps you too.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    @battlenet1115 - I will tell you my personal opinion is that the mental/emotional side of this is the hardest part of it. I had to dig in good to the mental side before the physical side would do anything. Personally, I suggest getting into counseling, or a support group of some kind (many group situations cost less or can even be free). Anything to get you out of your own head and working on all of the issues at hand...

But not everyone starts that way. I just know that for myself, I wouldn't have even started on this journey without getting my head on straight first...

(hugs) and Good luck.