TEAM TWO

Options

Replies

• llmg970
    llmg970 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    @Soulfood77 glad you are feeling better
    I was able to get a short 20 minute walk yesterday at lunch. But today made it to the gym and hubby agreed to my suggestion of going bowling. We haven't done that in years
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Happy Chinese New Years
  • jamaicanlady
    jamaicanlady Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Hi Team! I was really trying for maximum points this week but it wasn't to be :'( .

During pregnancy I had a very painful condition called symphysis pubis dysfunction (SPD) where my pelvic bones separated. During delivery it got worse and I thought I would have to walk with a crutch for the rest of my life. But thanks be to God I am healing. It is a slow process but I'm grateful nonetheless. Anyway, I have to be careful about the type of exercises I do but I guess I wasn't careful enough because during my morning workout I apparently made it worse. I stopped the exercise immediately but was unable to continue with the rest of the workout because the damage had already been done. I'm hoping with some rest tonight I will feel better tomorrow. But it means that I won't reach the 700 minutes max I was aiming for. However, I will finish the challenges. I just need to repeat one of the workout videos and I can claim my points.

We are doing well so far! 3rd place and just 45 points from being 2nd. Come on, we can do this! Let's commit to putting up some more exercise minutes and completing all the challenges. Tomorrow is a rest day for me but I will try to get a stretching video done or something just so I can add a few more minutes to the tally. Every minute counts!
  • lbenson2006
    lbenson2006 Posts: 3,372 Member
    Options
    Shanna - glad to hear you are feeling a bit better. Try to get what rest in you can so that you'll be 100% come next week's destination!!

Tameika - please be super careful!!! That SPD condition sounds horrible. :# You get major kudos for trying to get back at it so soon after the pregnancy. Make sure you do not push too hard. You'd hate to do something that would cause you to be on the crutches!!

I will hopefully be doing a workout in the morning but am freaking out about how much work I still need to accomplish tomorrow. I had a few distractions today but was working almost from 11 to 8. I was finally making some headway so I hated to stop but I need a little relaxation time!! :)
  • Soulfood77
    Soulfood77 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Just stopped by the spreadsheet and noticed...ALL THE ORANGES HAVE BEEN EATEN!!! Great work everybody! :)

Thanks for all the kind words everybody. Got to work today but only lasted about 6 hours. But just tomorrow for work and then my weekend is Monday/Tuesday so things are looking up! Just the walk from my car to the building I work at in the zoo is approximately 1500 steps each way. Given that I only did 500 steps a day the two previous days, that alone wore me out. I don't count those in my exercise minutes as they aren't "deliberate exercise." No matter where I park, my building is in the middle of the zoo so I have to walk to it or I am in trouble!

@jamaicanlady Rest up! I do not want to google that condition because it sounds awful! Better to rest and keep on the path of healing.

I am in 2 other forum challenges right now and so far, even being a bit on the sidelines this week, this is my favourite challenge!
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Options
    Finally finished the videos. It was a challenge only because of how busy Inwas this week. Going for a run soon. Hopefully a longer run today, but it did snow last night and am hoping it's not too icy. Good job on the first week all!!

Enjoy your Sunday!!
  • jenready
    jenready Posts: 2,658 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling like I'm the weak link on this team, sorry guys. I really need to try and add more exercise time in next week for myself and to help up our numbers.
  • Joanna2012B
    Options
    Is anyone else having trouble accessing the spreadsheet
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    Is anyone else having trouble accessing the spreadsheet

I was able to access it. It came up with an error at first but I hit cancel and when I tried again, it worked.
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    jenready wrote: »
    I'm feeling like I'm the weak link on this team, sorry guys. I really need to try and add more exercise time in next week for myself and to help up our numbers.

It is funny how this challenge will end up getting in your head like that and making you want to do more. I think when I first started, my morning workouts were probably half hour to 45 minutes max. Now if I can get down there early enough, it's nothing to get in close to an hour. Some people actually find ways to sneak in some exercise when they are watching TV or even cooking in the kitchen. I have yet to master that one, for the most part! Lol.

Biggest thing is doing what you can. You might find that it will give you incentive to fit in more here or there, but also don't get discouraged with some of the numbers some people are able to put up. Always keep in mind we all have different situations in our lives and as long as you are happy with your performance, that's all that matters. Not a single one of us is here to judge, just to motivate each other as best we can. :)
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options

It's seems to me that the most important thing is that everyone finishes the challenges. Once we reach the minimum number of miles to get to our weekly destination, the challenge points make more of a difference overall. There's always someone who puts in a ton of miles to help balance out the lower numbers. Just get the challenges done and everything else will work itself out! :D
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    jenilla1 wrote: »

It's seems to me that the most important thing is that everyone finishes the challenges. Once we reach the minimum number of miles to get to our weekly destination, the challenge points make more of a difference overall. There's always someone who puts in a ton of miles to help balance out the lower numbers. Just get the challenges done and everything else will work itself out! :D

Good point, Jen! Thanks for remembering that. :D
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    What's the most important is the challenges of everyone can do the challenges the rest will come I think we are each doing the best we can and that's the point self improvement.....hope everyone had a great weekend
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I've seen so many people on the spreadsheet getting their max mileage (700) that it's inspiring me to try harder next week. I was pretty proud of getting almost 450 minutes this week, since I've been used to doing less than half that much before this challenge started. I'm so sore and wiped out, but I should be able to do more next week now that I'm warmed up! Go team 2!

ETA: I guess I should try to do more low intensity stuff. I just can't physically do my regular intensity exercise for 700 minutes per week. I'll burn out doing that. Too bad intensity doesn't count! So maybe I'll just do less running and more hiking! B)
  • Joanna2012B
    Options
    jenilla1 wrote: »
    I've seen so many people on the spreadsheet getting their max mileage (700) that it's inspiring me to try harder next week. I was pretty proud of getting almost 450 minutes this week, since I've been used to doing less than half that much before this challenge started. I'm so sore and wiped out, but I should be able to do more next week now that I'm warmed up! Go team 2!

ETA: I guess I should try to do more low intensity stuff. I just can't physically do my regular intensity exercise for 700 minutes per week. I'll burn out doing that. Too bad intensity doesn't count! So maybe I'll just do less running and more hiking! B)

I am in the same boat! My workouts are very intense, not to mention I have a kid that plays elite sports and a full time job....I have to make time for sleep too.... :D
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    THE WEEK TWO DESTINATION IS UP!
    TIME FOR SOME FUN IN THE SUN!
    THE SPREADSHEETS WILL FOLLOW IN AWHILE!

:)B):)
  • Cindyk4919
    Cindyk4919 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! A bit more challenging for week 2. Come on Team2beat!
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    Great job guys!! This is going to be a tough week for me with the challenges. I will get the videos in no problem, it's the finding time to get outside which will be the problem. Also, I have really been struggling keeping my calories under goal, but maybe this is the kick in the pants I need. :)