Introduction

Options
TnVeggie
TnVeggie Posts: 24 Member
Glad to find this group! I've been a member of MFP for about 6 years now, with weight steadily creeping up (to the tune of 40 lbs!). My husband just had his vasectomy reversed, so the need to get this weight off is suddenly very real. What's really sad (and more motivation!) is that I'm an integrative medicine physician, so I'm constantly discussing weight loss, and teach and practice a mostly whole foods, plant based diet (though my Achilles heel is cheese and wine!). I'm hoping that with the stress of residency off my shoulders I'll be able to drop to a healthy pre-pregnancy weight. In addition to battling the odds of a VR (bilateral VE), I am AMA (currently 38), and my husband is APA (65), so I really need to idealize as much as I can!

Replies

• WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    Options
    @TnVeggie Welcome to the group!! We're glad to have you! =)
  • pezhed
    pezhed Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    @TnVeggie welcome! I joined recently and have found a lot of support in this group. The spreadsheet is also really motivating for setting your own goals for the month and sticking to them!
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Are you planning to try and lose weight before ttc, or ttc now? Our spreadsheet has spots to fill in this information, so you can see who is on the same timeframe as you are.
    Glad you found us :)
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,953 Member
    Options
    Yay! Welcome to the group! A new month is starting so it's a great time :) We have a spreadsheet "challenge" you can join. A new sheet will be going up for Feb 1. It's a pretty low-key challenge, you have to self moderate it in a way but it seems like people find it helpful :)

Are you going to be trying for your first baby? Try not to worry about the AMA/APA thing - it just means you're lucky enough to get extra good care :)
  • TnVeggie
    TnVeggie Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome! I was hoping to lose weight before TTC, but given the unlikelihood of success of our surgery, I'm not preventing now, either. And this would be my first, his sixth.
  • naakedlove
    naakedlove Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Lindsey and I've been on MFP for years, but haven't actively used it in a really long time. I am looking to conceive within the year (hopefully) but I'm at a really unhealthy weight and need to lose before I can do so. My goal is to lose around 50-60 pounds at least, then I'll see where that puts me. I'm looking forward to being a part of this group!
  • pezhed
    Options
    Welcome @naakedlove! You joined just in time to join the February Challenge. I joined in mid-January and have really enjoyed the support the group provides as we each work toward our goals!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @naakedlove Welcome to the group! We're glad to have you! =)
  • katycapp
    katycapp Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Figured I would jump on this thread to introduce myself as well. I am 30 and TTC our 2nd. We are on our first cycle with Femara. I have recently lost 40 pounds but going to continue to lose more until I get 2 lines. :-) Hoping also not to gain when I do get pregnant (I am obese and was told not to gain during my last pregnancy. Of course will only do that with the Doc's approval)
    I will look for the new spreadsheet tomorrow and join in.
  • VeryKatie
    edited January 2017
    Options
    @katycapp welcome to the group! You can sign up for the Feb challenge at any point now. The challenges always end on the 28/29th of the month so the sheet is usually available for sign up before the 1st (unless I'm really behind lol). Good luck with your TTC and your weight loss!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @katycapp Welcome to the group! We're glad to have you! Congratulations on your weight loss and good luck on your TTC journey! =)
  • samlovesthesnow
    samlovesthesnow Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Sam. Thanks to those that created this group - such a great idea. We've been TTC for just 2 months so far but I'm very impatient! I have about 20 pounds to lose to get back to my wedding weight so am seeing every negative pregnancy test as another month to get my body in shape!
  • pezhed
    Options
    Welcome @samlovesthesnow and belated welcome to @katycapp!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @samlovesthesnow Welcome to the group! We're glad to have you! =)
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    @samlovesthesnow another welcome to the group from me! I hope you have fun with TTC :wink: and good luck on your weight loss efforts!

It was odd for me, I didn't get preggers until I took a maintenance month. That might have been coincidence though.