Eating all your calories

Options
syi510
syi510 Posts: 12 Member
Hey everybody. Was wondering if it is bad to not eat all of your calories for the day. Sometimes I get busy and don't get to eat and when I finally do im pretty full and don't want to eat anymore meals. I'm wondering if that's the reason why I am not losing as much weight I would like to. I would also like to know if I should at least try to get my fats in even if I don't eat enough for the day??

Replies

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Carbs are a limit, protein is a goal range, and fats only to satiety. If you aren't hungry and aren't super crazy low on calories, your body will make up that deficit from stored body fat. This only works if you aren't starving yourself on purpose, because hunger releases hormones that hold onto stored fats.

If you think you are needing more calories, look at adding a tablespoon of fats here or there to other meals.

But calories are somewhat like a balance. It is usually the 7-14 day average that matters most.

More likely you have a trigger food or a combination of foods that create more problems than good in your body, etc., if you've struggled to lose anything - weight, inches, or body recomp - for months at a time.
  • syi510
    syi510 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thx for the reply!
  • Gerard25percent
    Gerard25percent Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    This is my second time around on a kentonic diet, on the first round too much of a daily calorie reduction would impact my goals, my go too fix was heavy whipping cream mixed with low carb protein.
  • maggiegbrown
    maggiegbrown Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    This is my second go round as well and i'm back to the same old thing. I can not get enough cals. I changed my goals this time and did 75 fat, 5 carb, 20 protein. Thinking this would help but its not.
  • maggiegbrown
    Options
    Ok you guy's I have a question. What about supplements to get my calories. I cant seem to get past 650-700 a day. any suggestions on how to get high cal. foods?
  • swing72
    swing72 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Nuts and cheese are good low carb calorie dense higher fat foods that can bump up your totals if really running too low
  • maggiegbrown
    Options
    I know it is, but I'm trying to keep protein at 20% which is only 25 gms. a day So If i eat to much cheese I go over on Protein.
  • lodro
    lodro Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Ok you guy's I have a question. What about supplements to get my calories. I cant seem to get past 650-700 a day. any suggestions on how to get high cal. foods?

eat fat. super calorie dense.
  • ChoiceNotChance
    ChoiceNotChance Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I know it is, but I'm trying to keep protein at 20% which is only 25 gms. a day So If i eat to much cheese I go over on Protein.

I have my protein @ 25% and that is 75 grams, based on 1200 calories.
  • kcmsmith0405
    kcmsmith0405 Posts: 259 Member
    Options

I have my protein @ 25% and that is 75 grams, based on 1200 calories.

Yep 25 grams is WAY low on protein per day for an average female - 5 g of carbs is pretty darn low too, under 20 is sufficient for VLC - I do moderate at under 40 g a day.
  • pmm3437
    pmm3437 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    20% of the 1200 cal minimum recommended for a woman is : 240 cals / 4 cals/g = 60g protein ...

And, in addition to suggestions above, avocado is a great calorie filler for a keto diet.

According to USDA a 50g serving is:
    1g protein
    1g net carbs ( 3g fiber )
    7g fat
    80 cals

Thats a ~ 6% / 6% / 88% ratio.
  • McShorty7
    McShorty7 Posts: 69 Member
    Options

I have a question for you - Are you eating only 25 grams of protein as in 25 grams in weight on a scale or logging it in your food diary as letting the food log work out the number of grams of protein?