Bulletproof coffee

Options
ehme79
ehme79 Posts: 23 Member
Odd question....but what is the reason for making bulletproof coffee/tea in the blender? I'm the only one up at 530am and I don't think I would be liked very much if I put the blender on!

Replies

• kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    If using coconut oil/butter, the fats simply lays on top of the liquid if it is not blended/whipped in. I think most find it favorable to have it whipped in, at least I do. Do you have an immersion blender? Those tend to be less noisy. Also, bulletproof coffee is not a requirement. I rarely have it and get my chosen amount of fats elsewhere.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    A hand-held milk "frother" can often be used... I know people who have sealed mugs that can also be used. It's really about what you put into the BP beverage that determines how much much force or energy is needed to emulsify the blend...
  • McShorty7
    McShorty7 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    It's creamier and less greasy tasting that way
  • SisalKeenly
    SisalKeenly Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    The milk frother is what I use. A battery powered one from amazon that I can take to work. Before that I used a fork to mix it, but I spilled a lot and the fats would keep separating.
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    Here's a question.....

One of the YouTube keto gurus claims that caffeine absorption slows if coffee is consumed with fat. Q - Is this basic common knowledge among bulletproofers?
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    I had not heard that. But I don't know the mechanics of how caffeine works. I only know that despite HUGE issues with caffeine in my 20's, I seem to need it to start my work days, but my weekend days, I don't miss it, AT ALL, which is supposedly very weird. LOL @RalfLott
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    I had not heard that. But I don't know the mechanics of how caffeine works. I only know that despite HUGE issues with caffeine in my 20's, I seem to need it to start my work days, but my weekend days, I don't miss it, AT ALL, which is supposedly very weird. LOL @RalfLott

Whew. No headaches or uncommon attachment to your pillow on caffeine- deprivedfree weekends?
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    @RalfLott - I do sleep more on the weekends, but that's mainly due to the fact that I'm a night owl with a butt-crack-of-dawn job. I'd rather be going to bed at 5 am than getting up then... I sleep maybe an extra hour or two, though it's by choice. I've gotten up and done more when needed on less sleep. I wonder if there's something to do with being on the computer or doing specific work that tunes in to that narcing out vibe...
  • SisalKeenly
    SisalKeenly Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    RalfLott wrote: »
    Here's a question.....

One of the YouTube keto gurus claims that caffeine absorption slows if coffee is consumed with fat. Q - Is this basic common knowledge among bulletproofers?

So, I think this is true. I'm not going to be scientific about it or anything, but I used to drink coffee in the morning, feel jittery, then crash hard. With the bullet proof I think the crash is less and the jitters are not as bad.

The other possibility is that I'm having more sustained energy because I'm fat adapted and the coffee doesn't have anything to do with it, but I do think I handle the caffeine a little better with the butter and coconut oil.