New

Options
Hi everyone. My name is Evan and I am new on here. I have been dealing with emotional eating and binge eating disorder for over ten years now. It has ruined all aspects of my life. Physical, financial, emotional, mental, etc. I am now at my current highest weight (495) and am ready to do anything to make a change. Guess I just signed up here for any possible form of support. Feel free to add me or message me, I'm looking for any type of support I can find and am willing to try to provide any support I can in return. Thanks!

Replies

• krmsotherhalf68
    krmsotherhalf68 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hi Evan and welcome! Here you'll find the support you'll need if you join groups like these and continue to be active with friends and in communities. I've been an emotional eater since I was a small child (that's a LONG time!). It's horrible and yes, it can ruin your life. BUT (and this is a big "but" - no pun intended!) you've come to one of the greatest places to find help. We are all struggling with our issues and we are all works in progress. The point is to move forward. Make small, positive changes in your lifestyle (eating, moving more, hanging with positive, supportive people, weeding out the negativity that comes into your life). Log your food, water, and activity EVERY day, no matter what kind of day you're having. It can be such a motivator for moving forward. If you stick with these baby steps, believe me, you'll be surprised how much your life can turn around for the good.

If I tried to walk to the mailbox 2-1/2 yrs ago, I'd be winded, my feet, back, and knees would be aching and I couldn't wait to get back in the house to sit down. I took small, baby steps at moving more. One of my favorite things was to go to a store (any large box store), grab a cart, and walk the store. I started out with short amounts of time I was able to stand doing this and after awhile of consistently moving, I was able to stand and walk the store for longer and longer times. Now, I move/exercise nearly every day. I actually signed up for Chair Yoga, Tai Chi, and aerobics at my local senior center. Painted my kitchen, dining, living, bathroom, and bedrooms myself! Could've never even stood on the step stool to do this before losing the weight. Was totally afraid I'd fall and/or break the stool.

If you had told me I'd be able to enjoy doing these things back when I first started on here, I would've told you you're crazy! ;) But look at me now. Still a work in progress - that will always be true. Still have days that aren't as great as I'd like them to be, but I no longer beat myself up about them. I move forward to tomorrow. Tomorrow gives all of us a clean slate to start over and do better. :)

Feel free to add me as a friend. Best wishes - I know you can do this! Look at me - never thought in a million years that I'd be able to keep over 100 lbs. off for almost 2-1/2 years now.
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    So glad you're both here.
  • MagneticGanymede
    MagneticGanymede Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I feel for you and wish you success and peace!
  • fruitydelicious
    fruitydelicious Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    I'm always looking for encouraging people!! Best wishes on your journey!! :D
  • barlovo
    barlovo Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Hi Evan it's great to meet you,I struggle with similar issues. Change is possible! We're here!