Meal Planning Tool?

Options
Hey everyone!

Does anyone know of a good meal planning tool that also stores recipes and has a grocery list feature? Does MyFitnessPal have this integration built in? I've been trying out the app Food Planner but find it to be a cluncky process. Thinking of trying Trello next.

Any ideas?

Replies

• sgrathwol
    sgrathwol Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Try eat this much
  • 5n00py
    5n00py Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    There's Isabel Delosrios' Beyond Diet which is amazing and filled with all sorts of tools for meal planning and specific diets. (From recollection it was a tad expensive, but it is a once only charge. Just had a lookand there's a substantial discount to join currently). My only problem with this was there are so many ingredients as the meals are all flavour-packed. I'm still building up my meagre pantry and virtually empty fridge and freezer, and in my case, I'm restocking vegan. Beyond Diet is really good, BUT there are all of the extra books and "healthy extra things" that the site and Isabel's daily mail tend to promote. If you can ignore those things, the rest of the website and tools for your phone are probably exactly what you are looking for. https://www.beyonddiet.com/
    garlicandredpepperflakeshrimplarge.jpg

When I can afford it, I'll be throwing some money at the Forks Over Knives membership and smart phone meal planner which includes a shopping list. It looks the goods for whole foods, HOWEVER it is vegan! They give you a one month sampling for free. https://www.forksoverknives.com/
    30-minute-Chickpea-Sunflower-Salad-Sandwich-Soft-Crunchy-savory-and-SO-simple-vegan-glutenfree-healthy-1.jpg

All the best on your journey..... Mike

63398348.png
  • Healthygeekster
    Healthygeekster Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi! If you have an apple product try the FitMenCook App. It's only $3 and it has a ton of recipes and their MACROS and Calories!! It also sets up a meal plan for you customized to your stats and goals. It has a female option too! Not just for guys!!
  • jringer1
    jringer1 Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    I use food.com it is free. I setup a recipe folder called "this weeks meals" and I put all of the recipes that I find from other sites into the recipe box, then I pull out the ones I want each week, to plan my meals. It has a grocery list feature
  • MomFLYer
    MomFLYer Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I feel outdated, lol. I use paper & pencil and the multitude of cookbooks in my cupboards. I have gotten fairly decent at subsituting for my own dietary restrictions that the rest of the household doesn't share.
  • KimberlyMelo
    KimberlyMelo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You can add the link into MFP to save recipes and get macros.
  • lisey821
    lisey821 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I love real plans!
  • fruitydelicious
    fruitydelicious Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    MomFLYer wrote: »
    I feel outdated, lol. I use paper & pencil and the multitude of cookbooks in my cupboards. I have gotten fairly decent at subsituting for my own dietary restrictions that the rest of the household doesn't share.

LOL!! ME TOO!! :D
  • fruitydelicious
    fruitydelicious Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

Does anyone know of a good meal planning tool that also stores recipes and has a grocery list feature? Does MyFitnessPal have this integration built in? I've been trying out the app Food Planner but find it to be a cluncky process. Thinking of trying Trello next.

Any ideas?

I can't help you with the "tech-y" Stuff but gotta say that I LOVE your profile pic!!!
  • sarsun23
    sarsun23 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I love the Fresh20--- it's a subscription service that sends you 5 dinner recipes per week with no more than 20 ingredients (+staples) and a shopping list. They have veg/paleo/gluten free options, but we do the classic and I just make substitutions as needed for restrictions. There are also nice meal plans on skinnytaste.com that are pretty good.
  • smashster
    smashster Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Skinnytaste Gina's blog posts free meal plans. Her recipes are a amazing and searching her vast archives you will surely find amazing meal ideas to suite your tastes.
  • debbiebellerose
    debbiebellerose Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I also use the Forks over Knives app--great tool!