Clean friends and daily plan ideas

Options
nursekirsty
nursekirsty Posts: 110 Member
Hi

I have 100lbs to lose and keen to do it through clean eating - this seems sustainable to me - looking for friends for motivation and inspiration.

Also what do you eat on a daily basis? Thank you

Replies

• gypsy082
    gypsy082 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Very interesting, I didn't realise I was so high in carbohydrates! Now I know why I have put on weight! Okay, back to the drawing board!
  • aquanet2
    aquanet2 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I want to eat clean and cook clean for my family, but I have a mind block when it comes to cooking dinner and breakfasts. I would love some ideas!
  • sgrathwol
    sgrathwol Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Those who don't prepare or prep plan to fail. Meal cook in batch on Sunday and Wednesday lean proteins and have plenty of veggies!
  • 5n00py
    5n00py Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    gypsy082 wrote: »
    Very interesting, I didn't realise I was so high in carbohydrates! Now I know why I have put on weight! Okay, back to the drawing board!

Try to accurately track what you eat and drink each day and start taking notice of the "Nutrition" button at the bottom of the MFP diary. It will show you the foods and meals that are your carb horrors. Reduce the portions of those foods, and possibly replace them with some high fibre foods.
  • dietbepsi
    dietbepsi Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    aquanet2 wrote: »
    I want to eat clean and cook clean for my family, but I have a mind block when it comes to cooking dinner and breakfasts. I would love some ideas!

If I get nothing else done on Sunday it's getting an egg casserole baked, some chicken grilled, and veggies cut up. That makes for a quick grab and go breakfast for my husband my daughter and myself. And the chicken my boys eat for lunch in their school lunch, and the rest of us take it for salads or grab fresh peppers, a piece of fruit, or something like that. If we don't have time we always have the chicken. Naturally, I like to plan better but it doesn't always happen. For the eggs I throw in a dozen eggs, a container of egg whites, seasonings, and a whole lot of spinach and after it's cool I cut it into squares wrap it in foil and we just grab one for our breakfast.
  • yogagirlT
    yogagirlT Posts: 91 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Some of my tips for snacks is that I cut up fresh raw veggies for the week. To keep celery crisp, keep in cold water in container in fridge. Also, sliced sweet red and green peppers stay crisp in the cold water too. Make your own hummus or find a hummus that is organic/sticks with clean ingredients.

I am really trying to avoid processed white sugar and my alternatives for sweetener are coconut palm sugar (for diabetics and those with high glucose levels the coconut sugar has a lower glycemic index) or real 100% maple syrup or raw honey.

I also am a fan of hardboiled eggs and love them on salads or tuna/egg salad wraps that I make with Greek yogurt instead of mayo.

For dinner ideas and easy prep, I highly recommend using a slow cooker/crockpot. Tons of clean crockpot recipes online and check out Pinterest too. I have been making a lot of meals in the slow cooker and stick with easy 5 ingredients or less meals.

• yogagirlT
    yogagirlT Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    mrbcsd wrote: »
    Hey, I food prep for the wife, baby and I twice a week and for the wife and I we pick one from each category:

Meats:
    Chicken
    Beef
    Fish

Veggies:
    Carrots
    Peas
    Cauliflower
    Broccoli
    Mushrooms
    Peppers
    Onions

Carbs:
    Rice
    Potatoes
    Sweet Potatoes
    Cous Cous
    Butternut Squash

Prep it all up, sometimes with a little sauce or hot sauce. I can make 8 meals in about 1hr so that keeps us going for 4 days :D Good luck!

Great and easy meal prep ideas--thanks!