Sweet Tooth

Options
Ok All You Low Carbers/Ketoers!!!! I have fallen off the wagon and kinda gave up cuz I just wasn't losing. BUT!!!! I am thinking now that I need more fat added to my low carbing so I am starting again Monday. I know I was in Ketosis because my breath stunk and my pee smelt funny and since I been eating carbs again my breath quit stinking and my pee don't smell funny. LOL!! TMI maybe...sorry!!!
Anyway, my question is what do you all eat for a sweet tooth?
Thanks All!!!!!! :-)

Replies

• SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Well, I count calories in addition to staying under fifty total carbs, usually at twenty net. And my calories are pretty high in comparison to others, but I still lose. I have a sweet tooth as well, but I'm trying very hard to stay away from sweet in order to break those chains! I have, however, been known to sweeten cream cheese and add lime juice for a key lime-esque cheesecake type treat. Also, if you don't want to consider breaking the sweet habit, google fat bombs.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I feed mine dark chocolate or avocado
  • mandycat223
    mandycat223 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I keep sugar-free gelatin on hand at all times. I don't like the commercial sugar-free products; I buy unflavored gelatin and make my own with various flavors of Mio water enhancers and Skinny Syrups. Yesterday I noticed on the back of the Knox unflavored gelatin box a recipe for quick and easy cheesecake, which I made substituting Splenda for sugar and, of course, omitting the crust. It was so delicious that I'm going to have to ration it out a wee tiny serving at a time, perhaps on top of some of my gelatin.
  • nikoba
    nikoba Posts: 291 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I can usually quench my sweet tooth with just one tablespoon of peanut butter...just eat it right off the spoon. My sweet tooth cravings almost always hits either right away in the morning or towards bedtime. I know it's not the best treat, but I suppose it's not the worst either.

This go around, I'm really trying to limit my artificial sweetener. But some other things I used to find satisfying are cream cheese clouds...here's the recipe:
    http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/cream_cheese_clouds.html
    (I didn't use nearly as much sweetener as she lists...I think I did a few packets of truvia and that was plenty)

Or I'd get diet A&W root beer, use 1/2 can and then add a few splashes of heavy cream & ice cubes and it was like a root beer float.

Again, I know these aren't great if your intolerant or strict on carbs. But for me, I was able to enjoy them in moderation.

• ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    I have a HUGE sweet tooth and I can safely say that I wouldn't be able to follow or stick with this WOE if I couldn't indulge it; however, it's very easy to find free LCHF recipes online for whatever sweet treat your mouth is craving. I make most of my sweet treats and goodies at home using healthy fats and lower-carb "flours" (various nut flours, flaxseed meal, coconut flour, protein powder, lupin flour, etc.).........so whatever sweet thing it is that I'm craving, THAT is what I eat!! lol ;) And I usually have something sweet every day (my food diary will attest to this too).
  • BishopLord
    BishopLord Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Ok All You Low Carbers/Ketoers!!!! I have fallen off the wagon and kinda gave up cuz I just wasn't losing.
    Hey, just because you're not "losing" doesn't mean you're not burning fat. If the scale isn't moving, avoid it for a week and continue on your LC WOE and judge your progress by how your clothes fit. Get a smaller pair of pants, and keep trying them on until they fit - and weigh yourself once a week, or once every two weeks. I know it's hard to do, but you'll end up sabotaging everything you built because you've got it in your head that you have to "lose weight". Don't think of it in terms of "losing" weight, but getting rid of excess fat. Our brains have been conditioned to "find" things that we have "lost". So if you lost weight, do you want to find it again? Hell no. You want to get rid of that and never see it again. Retrain your mind!

If you have sweet cravings, try supplementing with L-Glutamine. This should help take the edge off.

But if you just have to have something, my favorite sweet treat is cottage cheese mixed with sugar free jello and chia seeds. I just got an order or chia seeds from Amazon. It's 5g of carbs and 5g of fiber, making it 0 net carbs! I put two Tbsp in a bowl of water and put it in the fridge about 30 minutes ago. This makes a tasty "tapioca" style treat :smiley:

306021.png
  • nikoba
    nikoba Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Sunny bunny & knit or miss are the queens of LC wisdom! :)
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    A minor tweak for rhyming purposes (in case anyone wants to set it to music):

Feed the sweet tooth, it begs for more;
    Starve the *kitten*, it's out the door.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,961 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I will ALWAYS want chocolate. Just sayin'. :wink:

The difference for me is that I can better resist it's siren's-call.
  • kymberkaye
    kymberkaye Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Everyone knows me for my love of chocolate and coffee. I started drinking a different coffee that has taken away my sigar cravings...i no longer think about it.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    RalfLott wrote: »

:D
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options

Great! Now it'll be stuck in my head all day!
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options

Great! Now it'll be stuck in my head all day!

:*
  • swezeytba
    swezeytba Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I bought some dark chocolate almost two weeks ago thinking that I would have it on hand in case I got a terrible craving and I actually forgot about it. Haven't had a craving for anything sweet in quite awhile.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Here's an article in support of @BishopLord and his recommendation to add L-Glutamine. I had started out a lower dose, but it did help a lot when I increased to the recommended dosages in this article. I have a few others on using vitamins to break the feeling of addiction cycles, if you want those, too, just holler.

foodrenegade.com/how-beat-sugar-cravings-glutamine/
  • RoosterDJC
    RoosterDJC Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Sugar free jello cups with fresh made whip cream. I also bought some phat fudge but it aint cheap.
  • mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Honestly, when I think I want something sweet I eat salt...usually pickles and surprisingly that kills it for me. That said, I love dark chocolate. There's a local company that makes one with salt.....