need distraction/support at night!!

Options
HeidiRene
HeidiRene Posts: 335 Member
I am up all night every night battling my urge to binge. I would love to interact with someone else online who is up and understands my struggle. I have gained 50lbs in 8 months and I am miserable.

Replies

• bjw1965
    bjw1965 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have had binge eating disorder since my teens and now I am in my mid forties - I kept to a healthy weight despite the binges until my mid thirties and since then the weight has steadily piled on and the binge eating gotten worse - far worse! Now I weigh 234lbs and if I go into a binge cycle it can last for days, not just the occasional evening! Evenings are the challenge for me - I found a combination of eating and watching tv numbs me nicely and of course can feel so pleasurable at the time - though it takes more now to get the same "hit". I have been told by a therapist that I need to go and lie down instead of switching on the tv and filling a tray with food - just lie in my room and feel my feelings. I so do NOT want to feel my feelings!! - so I can see the root of it all but kicking this addiction is soooooo hard.

However, would anybody like to join me in that challenge? When you are on the brink of a binge instead of grabbing the food, going and lying quietly on your bed (or away from where you normally binge) and letting your emotions come to the surface? Scares the bejesus out of me - but if anybody else out there wants to give it a try too and we can report back to each other - I am up for it!

Otherwise I am trying to follow a 1300 cal per day eating plan which is 500 cals below my basal metabolic rate.

Wishing us all success! Brigitte
  • metalchickita
    Options
    OMG! I gained 30-40 lbs in a year doin this habit!!! I HATE THIS HABIT! And bjw1965, that is tough, I thought a year of this habit was long! I hope you can eventually quit this habit! I am gonna try to stop for good tonight! Will listen to my ipod everytime I wake up with the urge to eat! Got some real good nickelback slow songs and other country songs that put me to sleep for a little bit! I sometimes sleep with my ipod still on!
  • kat2266
    kat2266 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Is any one still active in this group?