Confessing my transgression

Options
2»

Replies

• bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    kpk54 wrote: »
    I too celebrated my 63rd birthday in January.

Happy belated birthday to you, too!
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Thanks @bametels .
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    I think most of us have done something similar, I hope you have forgiven yourself and gotten back on track.

My only suggestion is to pay attention to why you wanted that food at that time. Know thyself. Maybe delay your action next time. If after a half hr. you still want something, then have it and be done with it.

Love the gateway carb phrase.

You have done a great job so far, good luck on the rest of your Journey.
  • neohdiver
    neohdiver Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Now, back to my binging issue. I will tell on myself, because I need to release this feeling that I am feeling today. Last night I made parmesan chips. Nothing but parmesan cheese in little mounds in the oven, and in 12-15 min, perfect golden crispy chips of deliciousness. I ate all of them, a 6 oz bag of grated parmesan cheese. They were wonderful. I believe I need a 12 step program for this. 98% of the time I follow my macros quite well. But when I step out of my macro box, my brain goes on a spree. Today is a new day, and my resolve and motivation is alive & well.

Ok. I'll bite. What's wrong with eating 6 oz of cheeese? I routinely eat 2-4 oz/day - eating 6 would not that much of a stretch.
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    neohdiver wrote: »
    Now, back to my binging issue. I will tell on myself, because I need to release this feeling that I am feeling today. Last night I made parmesan chips. Nothing but parmesan cheese in little mounds in the oven, and in 12-15 min, perfect golden crispy chips of deliciousness. I ate all of them, a 6 oz bag of grated parmesan cheese. They were wonderful. I believe I need a 12 step program for this. 98% of the time I follow my macros quite well. But when I step out of my macro box, my brain goes on a spree. Today is a new day, and my resolve and motivation is alive & well.

Ok. I'll bite. What's wrong with eating 6 oz of cheeese? I routinely eat 2-4 oz/day - eating 6 would not that much of a stretch.

I was wondering about that, too.

Seems like a pretty minor sin! But that's coming from someone for whom 6-8 daily cheese-oz. is common (though not pre-grated, if it lists funny things in the ingredients, like "cellulose," aka, "wood pulp").
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    RalfLott wrote: »

I was wondering about that, too.

Seems like a pretty minor sin! But that's coming from someone for whom 6-8 daily cheese-oz. is common (though not pre-grated, if it lists funny things in the ingredients, like "cellulose," aka, "wood pulp").

I'm assuming it's a calorie thing.
  • neohdiver
    neohdiver Posts: 738 Member
    Options

I don't know. I've seen a lot of freak-outs/descriptions of binging for small amounts over calories or cheese. And in the low carb world, 6 oz of cheese seems well within the normal range of food.

I'm just kind of surprised no one in thread had asked the question.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options

I don't know. I've seen a lot of freak-outs/descriptions of binging for small amounts over calories or cheese. And in the low carb world, 6 oz of cheese seems well within the normal range of food.

I'm just kind of surprised no one in thread had asked the question.

No doubt I eat that much on a regular basis! ;)
    I know what you're saying though.