Got past the Keto flu...here I go!

Options
Wow! Keto flu was a huge hurdle. I have tried and failed two other times but I couldn't get pass the Keto flu stage. Third time is the charm. I'm two weeks into Ketosis and I feel energized and excited. I got pass the Keto flu, so here I go!

Replies

• LisaPower123
    LisaPower123 Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Great job making past the Keto flu!

I am on day 12, and I have moments of energy, but most of the time still feeling a little yucky, just a little though. I love this way of eating & will not give it up. I feel so much better in other ways. This is the first time eating this way for me & the first time I have been able to restrict calories and not be hangry! I love it :)

Once the fog/keto flu passes & I sleep a little better I know it is going to be awesome.

Thanks for posting & I can't wait to be where you are! :)
  • maryd4love
    maryd4love Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    What were your symptoms with the Keto flu?
  • mmacintosh321
    mmacintosh321 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I'm 4 days in and I was experiencing some of those symptoms... I read that replacing your body's electrolytes really, really helps... so I upped my salt intake and I feel better. I also ordered some sugar-free electrolytes to add to my water.
  • brandypelkola1
    brandypelkola1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 days in and finally starting to feel like I'm crawling out of the hole that is "keto flu." Fortunately, I prepared myself mentally for it, so I've been able to persevere. I've also been drinking lots of water and a bit of salty broth. That seems to have helped. Even for as unpleasant as the first few days were, I'm really excited about this WOL. I know that I'm going to be fueling my body the way that it was meant to be fueled, and I can't wait to see the weight come off and not wake every day feeling "sick." Wishing everyone lots of success on their KETO JOURNEY! xoxo :)
  • fondu3211
    fondu3211 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    3rd day in and I feel about the same. It should be interesting when the flu starts to kick in. How long before it started for you?
  • brandypelkola1
    brandypelkola1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Mine started immediately, but not everyone gets it. Maybe you're one of the lucky ones @fondu3211! :wink:
  • perfekta
    perfekta Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I've got it right now, you give me hope it will end! The headache sucks. I just got up and drank some pickle juice (gross I know) but I'm hoping the salt will help. I am not giving up on my hard work though!

And good job on defeating it!
  • Whoniverse_Lover
    Whoniverse_Lover Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    That keto flu is rough isn't it? Took me two tries. Stuck with it on the second go round. I added magnesium supplements to my regimen and literally drank salt water. 1/2 tsp in a tall glass of water to get through it.