erin3011
erin3011 Posts: 59 Member
On a typical day, what do you eat?

Replies

• Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Today, I had

Morning: coffee with 1Tbs MCT oil and a couple cups black coffee afterward.

Afternoon: Some leftover chicken topped with cheese and sour cream. A few pepperonis.

Evening: Italian seasoned chicken breast with mozzarella cheese cooked in butter.

I also drank several glasses of iced tea and had a can of LaCroix sparkling water.

It was a particularly not hungry day for me overall.
  • BishopLord
    BishopLord Posts: 55 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Morning: 12 oz Chia pudding and 16oz coffee

Lunch: 7 oz chicken thigh and salad or steam California mix

Dinner: 24oz Protein shake
    • 1,660 - Calories
    • 80 - Carbs
    • 109 - Fat
    • 107 - Protein
    • 2,429 - Sodium
    • 47 - Fiber
  • kimberwolf71
    kimberwolf71 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    If I am hungry in the morning I will make a bulletproof coffee, otherwise I just drink lots of it black! Work lunches are usually leftovers or a fancy casserole but I have been on a homemade soup kick with a side of protein something. Always have pickles, Cheesestring and jerky at work just in case. Supper is usually a basic meat and veggie/salad sometimes with yummy sauces.
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    Today:

Coffee with coconut oil and cream
    Salami and string cheese
    Zoodles, peppers, sausage and pesto
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    Breakfast was bulletproof coffee......no lunch today because I wasn't hungry....afternoon snack was 2 beef sticks with Mortin lite salt with orange vanilla mio water....dinner I had 2 homemade beef enchiladas with low carb tortillas
  • motorcyclekopp
    motorcyclekopp Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    My most common daily intakes includes:
    Breakfast: Coffee w/ MCT oil & salted butter, bacon and/or breakfast sausage, cheese.
    Lunch / Dinner: Aldi Philly beef stake / 6-8 oz well marbled rib-eye / park chop, with garlic & some other vegetables like mushrooms, asparagus, broccoli, spinach. Or a salad w/ peppercinis & olives w/ cheese, ACV & olive oil.
    Snacks: Pepperoni slices, avocado, eggs, cheese, Aldi beef sticks, sauerkraut, fresh pork rinds w/ attached meat.
    I use plenty of coconut oil and/or butter with all of it too.
    Also I take several vitamin supplements & drink about 5-10 glasses of green tea everyday.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I had 1512 calories.

Breakfast: MCT Oil, several decafs with half and half, 2 eggs with tomato
    Lunch: MCT Oil, lettuce wrap with ham, cheese, pickle, cream cheese, onions
    Dinner: MCT Oil, shrimp, cream cheese, creme fraiche with pecans, coconut, raspberries.

Unusual day for me. I made a shrimp stirfry for my husband but wasn't interested myself. I ate a few slices of raw carrots and peppers plus the boiled shrimp above. The stirfry had hoisin (sugar. lots).
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    A typical day:

Lunch: cold meats and cheese wrapped in salad leaves, or a large green salad with home made dressing with chicken/bacon/avocado, prawns, or tuna/eggs with home made dressing, filled avocado (mixed with salsa, tuna, chilli and a squeeze of lemon and refilled inside the avocado and topped with the rest of the mix) on the side one of the below:
    -peppers/carrots/celery with cream cheese/guacamole/quark/cottage cheese
    -hard boiled eggs,
    And 1 cup of salty broth

Dinner: meat/fish with vegetables and salted butter. Zucchini spaghetti with home made sauce and meatballs. Good quality sausages with cauliflower mash, with peas and butter if I have the carbs for it. Naked burgers wrapped in salad topped with eggs/avocado/bacon/cheese/chilli with pickles and either tomato and onion salad on the side or coleslaw. Taco with sour cream/guacamole/salsa/cheese wrapped in salad leaves. Naked fajitas (all the good stuff but no wrap). Chicken wrapped in bacon or stuffed with cream cheese. Calf liver with crispy bacon, sautéed onions and cauliflower mash. Steak with sautéed mushrooms/onions/onion and tomato salad and home made pepper sauce. Ham and fried eggs. Stuffed peppers oven baked with minced meat, spices and topped with cheese.

Evening snack, one if needed:
    Pickles, salty broth, cheese, cold chicken, pork rinds, veg sticks with cream cheese, berries with cream or quark. 85% dark chocolate, 1-2 squares.

Sunday dinners: roast lamb/pork with rinds/chicken with cauliflower mash (made with cream and butter) or roasted butternut squash, cauliflower/broccoli in salted butter on the side.

I cook with butter/olive oil or coconut oil. I use full fat products, I keep the skin on the chicken and fatty cuts of meats and oily fish.
  • Ringbearer2
    Ringbearer2 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I usually don't eat in the morning. I drink a lot of unsweetened iced tea and 1 or 1 1/2 cups of coffee. I have an early lunch --sometimes an omelette or I fry up some shrimp and eat it with buffalo sauce. Dinner is usually some kind of meat, salad and another vegetable. I make potatoes or rice for my husband. I cook with butter and olive oil, and put a little cream in my coffee. I don't usually snack unless I'm really hungry, but when I do it's usually olives, pickles, maybe a piece of cheese. If I'm low on protein I'll have an optimum nutrition protein drink which I usually mix in coffee to help the flavor.
  • mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Very typical week day for me is 3 cups of black coffee and 3 hard boiled eggs for breakfast. Cold cuts and cheese for lunch with cucumber or avocado. Snacks are jerky or cheese and or pickles usually. Dinner last night was roasted salmon with mayo roasted broccoli. Dinner Monday was chicken enchilada crockpot soup topped with avocado, sour cream, hot sauce and cilantro. Dinner tonight is probably the Ethiopian restaurant cause my mom us taking the boys to tae kwon do. And teen girl is going to a school basketball game and my husband and I don't have to feed or taxi any of them around!!!!
  • StarshipFighter23
    StarshipFighter23 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Yesterday mine was:
    Breakfast - Bulletproof coffee.
    Lunch - Canned tuna with mayonnaise and a salad.
    Dinner - 8oz ribeye with spinach and mushrooms fried with garlic and Henderson's Relish (anyone from Yorkshire will understand... :) )
    It came in at under 1200 calories for the day so MFP wouldn't let me complete my diary - apparently it's an unsafe amount of calories to eat! However, I wasn't hungry at any point and felt well satisfied after each meal... In fact my dinner was a huge plateful!
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Today so far.

05:00
    ~350g tilapia
    ~1 lbs. cauliflower
    ~150g oysters
    1 tbsp. Olive oil over the lot

07:30
    25g vanilla whey and 25g vanilla casein mixed together

09:30
    Cookies and Cream FitCrunch

11:30
    25g chocolate caramel whey and 25g chocolate casein

13:30
    Met-rx PB cup bar

15:30
    Same as 07:30

17:30
    MyProtein White Chocolate Almond Protein cookie

I'll figure out dinner when I get home.
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,366 Member
    Options
    Breakfast - 2 cups black coffee, 1 cup w/HWC
    Lunch - 3 eggs scrambled with 4 oz brisket
    Supper - 1 hamburger patty (4 oz of 80/20), 2 oz shredded cheese
    Snack - 2 oz block cheddar, whipped cream

Not a lot of food, but also not particularly hungry yesterday - total calories about 1400.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Typical day...breakfast is black coffee...lunch is a salad - usually with tuna, avocado, sunflower seeds, and lots of bleu cheese dressing...dinner is usually eggs or fish with veggies, or just veggies depending on the day...
  • forCole
    forCole Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is usually 12oz espresso with MCT Oil. A protein and veggie with a little dairy at lunch and dinner is usually the same. Pretty basic.
  • XavierNusum
    XavierNusum Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Coffee with heavy whipping cream and 1 packet of truvia

Breakfast: chorizo & eggs on carb balanced tortilla

1 or 2 cups of coffee with 1 mini-moo & 1 splenda pkt

Lunch: Steak wrapped asparagus

sugar free monster

1 serv of mixed nutes

Dinner: steak and broccoli

if I need more cals I'll have a fat bomb protein shake
    1 scoop whey
    2 tbsp whipping cream
    1 tbsp natural PB
    2 tbsp coconut oil
  • swezeytba
    swezeytba Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    kpk54 wrote: »
    I had 1512 calories.

Dinner: MCT Oil, shrimp, cream cheese, creme fraiche with pecans, coconut, raspberries.

@kpk54 ....Just curious....How much MCT Oil do you take at each meal? I just recently purchased some and have only been using in my morning coffee, but wondering if I should be using at every meal like you are doing.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options

FOR OTHERS: @swezeytba and I are discussing intake of MCT Oil in regards to both of us eating a MedicallyTherapeutic Ketogenic Diet for Neurological disorders. Do not try this at home as a new cure for weight loss.

@swezeytba, 1 Tablespoon per meal. Based on what I have read and choose to implement, when eating higher carb and protein than called for in one of the classical keto diets, the MCT Oil should be spread throughout the meals (and snacks) just as carbs and protein should. I've read here and there that 30% of your fats should be MCT though it may not be effective. Some of my reading indicates it may need to be as high as 60%. In any case it should not be 100% of your fats because other fats are still needed.

I kinda struggled the 1st several months in regards to ratios due to my personal food preferences and not being content with what I could eat so kept changing my ratios/macros never giving any protocol a solid chance to see if it would be effective. Since I finally found an MCT that truly is tasteless, I am able to use it with ease, not acting like a 3 year old stamping my feet saying "Mommy please don't make me take that". LOL. It was a mental thing. :)
    swezeytba wrote: »
    kpk54 wrote: »
    I had 1512 calories.

@kpk54 ....Just curious....How much MCT Oil do you take at each meal? I just recently purchased some and have only been using in my morning coffee, but wondering if I should be using at every meal like you are doing.

• anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    All I've had today is my morning coffee so yesterday:

B: Coffee with HWC and collagen (drank slowly between 8:30 and 11ish)
    L: Iced coffee with cream, ranch flavored tuna pack, and avocado w/ lime juice and salt around 3 p.m..
    D : 10 dry rub chicken wings at BWW, ranch dressing, a couple bites of carrot around 7 p.m..
    S: Birthday cake flavored Halo Top around 10 p.m.
  • wimberleybonnette737
    wimberleybonnette737 Posts: 68 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Yesterday:

Morning: Coffee with ~100 kcal of HWC or combo of coconut oil and HWC

Lunch: Meat and cheese...I really love the Fiorucci salami and mozz sticks.

Post workout "snack" 2 TBSP almond butter (wanted a couple carbs bc it was an INTENSE leg day), caesar salad with turkey bacon and pepperoncinis.

Evening: Keto-protein mug cake (2 tbsp almond flour, 1 scoop protein, 1 egg, 1 tbsp butter, baking powder, some water to thin consistency) and my "frosting" which is HWC whipped w/ scoop of protein. It makes it thicker like frosting. I like to make a mug cake and put my protein frosting over top. Sounds like it may be too sweet but my protein is sweetened with stevia so it truly has no sugar monster effect on me. Other sweeteners like splenda, sucralose, maltodextrin, etc. make me crave more and more sweets. Lately I am restricting myself to NO SF treats, except my protein/HWC combo but I do not make that daily.

*note I have a bit more protein in general than traditional Keto but not quite high protein like Atkins. I eat at maintenance and about my body weight in protein and lift heavy Mon-Fri. Off days I lower my protein and calories in general.