First Check in/Say Hi Everbuddy!!

Options
jbells93
jbells93 Posts: 35 Member
OK, I figured out how to make a group for us, and anyone else who wants to join in. We can come here and give our status reports, get tips and encouragement, and just share whatever you want to share. I'm seriously not trying to be the leader or anything, so some ideas or suggestions about how to do this would be great. What day would be best for the weekly check-ins? Mondays? Will that keep us good over the weekends if we know we have to report on Monday? Or are Fridays better so you can work off any cheating you did the weekend before, lol? What do y'all think? When do y'all want to officially start, and have our first reports aND discussion? Lemme know what you think and we'll fire this baby up!!! Good luck, losers, lol!

Replies

• SimplySmylin
    SimplySmylin Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi! Monday's would be better for me, but I will go with the flow. If I have to weigh in twice, so be it ;)
  • annadaniels31
    annadaniels31 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Mondays are good!
  • OlySteve68
    OlySteve68 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I plan on weighing in on Monday mornings.
  • jbells93
    Options
    Monday it is!!! Work hard and be good over the weekend so we can report lots of lbs. GONE!!! I'll make a new thread every Monday where you can post your status and get congrats or support, where we can vent some steam if needed, get some tips and advice, etc. I'm looking forward to it, see y'all then!!!

My name is Joy, btw you can call me that or jbells (short from when my uncle used to call me Joy bells, lol), whatever.
  • haysc01
    haysc01 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Monday is great. I plan to allow weekends as a free for all. weighing in on Monday will keep that in check!!!

Joy, I just wanted to encourage you on you physical improvement as well. I am suffering from multiple physical issues, It slows me down, but I intend to meet my personal goals. My weekly goals include not falling. Sometimes the best goals are the funny ones. LOL
  • jbells93
    Options
    haysc01 wrote: »
    Monday is great. I plan to allow weekends as a free for all. weighing in on Monday will keep that in check!!!

Joy, I just wanted to encourage you on you physical improvement as well. I am suffering from multiple physical issues, It slows me down, but I intend to meet my personal goals. My weekly goals include not falling. Sometimes the best goals are the funny ones. LOL

Aww, thank you sweetie pie! I get extremely frustrated because I'm a "go-er" by nature, but I got in so much pain before that now, even though I feel much better, I'm afraid of doing anything that's going to put me back in the ugly spot, ya know? I don't want to rock the boat, but I've gotta get the weight off or else I'm going to need a much larger boat!! Seriously! Thanks for joining and your kind words. Hope you're feeling good today, and I hope it stays that way for you. Chronic pain SUCKS!!! in so many ways, and the treatment methods seem very outdated, there's suprisngly few methods that truly help even a little, grrrr. Anyway, thanks again, see ya on Monday!
  • 4princess11
    4princess11 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'd like to join the group :) It might be fun to do weekly mini challenges, like drinking 8 glasses of water or being active 4 days a week. Just a thought. I'm happy to be here!
  • Marieyeyeam
    Marieyeyeam Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all! Hope everyone is doing great or working on it lol. See ya guys on Monday or w/e day the consensus sways. Btw Joy, it's a good idea u've got here.
  • deneenae
    deneenae Posts: 97 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hey all. Nice to be in the group. I feel like I've been in a never-ending plateau and need some new inspiration. I've been physically active for about 3 years and pretty consistently at that. I came from a place where I could barely run 100 feet and now I work out about 5x a week. It's a good stress reliever. I've even done a half marathon.

It's just food that gets me... specifically dinner and weekends. I've been getting better at controlling portions at dinner time during the weekdays, but when Friday hits, I make excuses. I know that's why I can't seem to lose. So maybe I just need some accountabillibuddies...

See you Monday!
  • Danielle7535
    Danielle7535 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Oops, I introduced myself in the wrong spot. Hi everyone! I want to lose 50 pounds. I'm 211 right now, and I'm 5ft 6 in. I put on a bunch of weight with my second pregnancy, and it's not coming off easily, so I have to make some serious changes. My baby will be 1 in March, so enough is enough! I'll look forward to Monday's check in.
  • katjennings
    katjennings Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Frannie
  • RobertJeromePutman500
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm Robert and I weigh every Friday morning, this past Friday I lost 4lbs and 74lbs so far since June. I look forward to see positive results from everyone.
  • ravjit2
    ravjit2 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone ! Ravi from the UK here ! It's lovely to be with everyone in the group ! Weighed myself and even though I rejoined MFP on sat 4.2.17 at 10stone 2lbs - I chose Mondays as my weigh in day. So on 6.2.17, I weighed 9 stone 13lbs. And today, 13.2.17, I am still the same weight ! Today I'm sitting in the Royal National Orthopaedic hospital in Bolsover St London image waiting room, waiting for a platelet rich plasma injection in my knee.. so for about 2-4 weeks, I won't be able to be that mobile ... I wish everyone a blessed day !
  • OlySteve68
    OlySteve68 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Nice to see our little group growing! I sent friend requests to just about everyone in this thread. One can never have to many friends or too much support from like minded people!
  • SIimMama
    SIimMama Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I am new here. About 3-4 years ago, I lost close to 30 lbs, through MFP, healthier eating habits and regular exercise. Unfortunately, I have gained that and more back. I did my first workout in...a long time today. Right now, I am trying to make some realistic, measurable goals...And will get an official starting weight tomorrow morning. I am hoping a group like this will hold me accountable to regular check-ins and working toward my goals!!