Marathon training and putting weight ON!!

Options
ECWhite
ECWhite Posts: 1 Member
Am I the only person in the world who seems to put on weight when marathon training?

I think it's because I feel that after a long run (say 15 miles plus) I can eat what I like. Sadly, this is obviously not true :-(

Anyone else find that their willpower goes out of the the window after they have been to the gym?

Replies

• daj150
    daj150 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I don't find my willpower goes out the door, but rather I am just extra hungry, and the initial mental and physical hunger don't go away at the same time...the mental doesn't go away until I am stuffed. To get around this I focus on having something right after I run, and then make sure I am hitting my micro and macro goals..non-adjusted, for that day. This usually helps stave off the extra hunger. However, before I started doing this, I was always big on "I run to eat". I have since changed that mentality.
  • bedevil
    bedevil Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    If you feel like nerding out type "running makes you fat" into a search bar and follow the rabbit down the hole of anecdotal and research that shows the negative body fat implications of a distance running program. Bottom line, runners might look skinny but generally have higher body fat percentages than short distance or strength training athletes. I'm still running the half for the Air Force Marathon this year, but all of my prep will be under 3 miles and GPP based like last year.