Friend Request

Options
I'm back after a long hiatus and gaining all I lost plus more. So I am starting again. I used to easily swim 4k as a regular workout but am struggling getting back in the pool. Life is busy. But others do it so it is not impossible. Looking for some new swimmer friends - just seeing your exercise posts might jumpstart me!

Replies

• Montepulciano
    Montepulciano Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Already have you as a friend, but happy to help support! When I started back my first workout was 300 yards. I think I spent more time getting ready and showering, but it was all I could do. You can do it!
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,263 Member
    Options
    I'm a terrible friend in terms of checking my own page, but I regularly post here and I'm happy to offer support. I still consider myself a new swimmer, as I only took it up 2.5 years ago after a lifetime of water terror. My technique is marginal, my times are quite slow, and I don't have the look of a seasoned swimmer, but my goal is to do it well enough that I can do it forever. I'm only 48 and I plan on my second 48 years being swimming ones :)

I'm glad you found us. This is a great group and very supportive.
  • yogiswimmer
    yogiswimmer Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Send me a friend request if you're still looking for some swimming buddies! I'm just getting into the sport since running did not bode well for my plantar fascia.