Introduction and looking for pals.

Options
Hi, I will be 74 in March. Lost about 20 pounds several years ago using myfitnesspal, then slowly regained it. Strangely I had only gained 10 pounds then we moved and started being more active, walking alot in our new area. Started eating out more too. bam, 10 pounds in a few months. Still not sure why. So today it's back to square one. My new city, Long Beach CA, has water aerobics year round. Starting today. I also love kettlebells - so will focus there as well. And walking - we have started walking alot! Friend me on Fitbit or here if you want another buddy. my user name on fitness pal is 4greatskin, on fitbit it's Diana.

Hope to meet you. Diana

Replies

• nonnieSheila
    nonnieSheila Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi Diana. I'm Sheila. I'm 70 and also lost a significant amount of weight with MFP in the past. I've managed to keep most of it off but for the past few months my eating is out of control. Luckily I am pretty active and have been doing more strength training. I'm hoping I can connect with others on MFP to help me get back on track. PS. We were in Long Beach for my sons wedding last year and fell in love with the area. A beautiful walkable place.
  • LindaCan2
    LindaCan2 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm 70 and need to lose 16 pounds. Three days of tracking every bite; now plan to add exercise.
  • luellaella5
    luellaella5 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi Linda, my name is Maureen and I'm 70. Been using MFP for about 6 weeks now. Want to get down to about 145. Started at 170 and am 157 right now. I do exactly what you're doing; track every bite