Coming back out of hiding

Options
I've been a MFP member off and on for years . At first I was a straight up CICO dieter and never really met my goals and always ended up putting some of the weight back on and coming back to do it again. Last summer I researched this LCHF WOE and decided to give it a try. I did well for a couple of months, made friends here and was losing and feeling great. Then Autumn hit and I fell apart. I was preparing to go back to work after my 1 year maternity leave and trying to get my youngest adjusted into her new daycare. Throw in some "mom guilt" about leaving my baby with strangers and my carbs for comfort habits took over. I became ashamed of how I was failing and got the *kitten* outta here. Anyways I have been back since January 1st and besides a couple minor slips am doing great and down 8.5. I'm hoping to start making some friends here again to make this journey a little more interesting. Feel free to add me . Thanks for reading my long rambling post. :)

Replies

• Ringbearer2
    Ringbearer2 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Hi Tisha! Welcome back! I've been through the mom guilt thing no too( a long time ago).
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you're back! :)
  • englishmuffinruns
    englishmuffinruns Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I started over on January 1st as well. New username, new WOE. So far, so good.
  • englishmuffinruns
    Options
    mmultanen wrote: »
    GIRL. I have 3 kids, the youngest was in and out of the hospital and a really rough pregnancy. Now he's 4 and a pain in the butt. I own business and manage the sales department and travel a lot for my job and I HEAR YOU about the mom guilt. I actually feel you. Not just hear.

The best piece of advice I ever got is one I love sharing: Forget the notion of "Work/Life Balance" It's truly work life integration because both are pieces of the same whole...you. If you're not whole nothing is. You deserve to be the best you possible. It's all like an orchestra, "Work" and "life" have to be working together just like the violins, cellos etc. if everything is in sync that orchestra is amazing. But even the most amazing orchestra has off days. Maybe somebody's fast, someone else is slow, someone is sharp or flat or maybe the conductor took a sick day. Don't let the off days, or weeks, or months, or frankly YEARS get you down. Work/Life Integration is a long range project and one that will present new challenges and benefits constantly because all these dang people in our lives are just trying to integrate their lives too.

Anyway, good for you for not hiding and YAY for 8.5 lbs!!

I <3 this analogy!
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Welcome back. Love your avatar/pic.
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!! Mom guilt is atrocious...we're good at finding anything to blame on ourselves.
  • TishaGettinFit
    TishaGettinFit Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    kpk54 wrote: »
    Welcome back. Love your avatar/pic.

Thanks it's kind of becoming my mantra of sorts these days...
  • englishmuffinruns
    Options
    pxyrnv9wlqqa.jpg

January 1, 2014. Starting point. Even when I wasn't as careful with my food as I should have been, I have worked out at least three times a week ever since (except for my hysterectomy recovery).
  • CarrieMoritz
    CarrieMoritz Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    My phone lock screen since Septdbwlab81pcxg.jpg
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    @chubbychickruns I'm sooo stealing that meme.
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    pxyrnv9wlqqa.jpg

January 1, 2014. Starting point. Even when I wasn't as careful with my food as I should have been, I have worked out at least three times a week ever since (except for my hysterectomy recovery).

One of the most frustrating days of my wife's life was back before we got married and she looked at me and said, "I haven't seen you smoke lately." to which I replied, "about 3 days ago I ran out of cigarettes and lighter fluid at the same time so I figured I would quit." I had been a 2 pack a day smoker of different brands including a couple that were filterless. For her quitting was a long and painful battle over several years despite smoking a small amount of super ultra light cigarettes.

Your sign reminds me of that. Sometimes you just have to want to change bad enough that you can't help but just do it.
  • DietPrada
    DietPrada Posts: 1,171 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Mom guilt is a thing. I gained 40kg over the years my kids were at home, despite trying to lose weight the whole time. My last kid moved out 4 years ago. I've been keto 4 years. I'm down 35kg. Funny how you can work on your own stuff when you're not devoting all of your energy to everyone elses.
  • Foamroller
    Foamroller Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    Don't feel bad. Be happy you remembered what used to work for you. I think all of us veterans in this group have strayed at some point :) welcome back!