Oh boy... lamb galore...

Options
Bonny132
Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
So my shopping just arrived, the other half wants roast lamb for Sunday dinner, so ordered my lamb, got twice the size! Sure the supermarket are refunding me the difference, but that still leaves me with a lamb leg twice the size of what I wanted and need?

Any ideas guys? Do I trim it before and freeze down some or cook the whole thing and do what with the leftovers?

Replies

• swezeytba
    swezeytba Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Since you are roasting I would roast the whole thing then freeze the remaining leftovers. When my hubby smokes meat we will smoke 2 or 3 pork butts at a time and freeze the pulled pork (vacuum seal if possible) in smaller meal size portions. On a busy weeknight when I don't have much time it's so easy to pull out and defrost, reheat, and lots of yummy meat for dinner.
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    What would you make of the leftovers? Just reheated roast lamb on a pan with veg and some mint sauce?

My favourite cabbage dish does not work with roasted lamb. I guess I could make a lamb curry?
  • swezeytba
    swezeytba Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Yes....a curry would be good or a moussaka?

Or like you said just plain up meat and veg...I'm assuming that's how you will be eating it on Sunday?
  • LowCarbInScotland
    LowCarbInScotland Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Definitely roast it whole!! Lamb curry is my fav! I make it with lamb neck fillets once a week, it's delish! You can make a Greek salad topped with lamb, a non-curry stew or soup with low carb veg - rutabagas, eggplant, mushrooms, zucchini, cauliflower, kale (not necessarily all of these together). You could mix it up in a ratatouille, chop it up finely and top a bowl of cauliflower soup with lamb, or throw it into a stir fry with thinly chopped broccoli, shredded cabbage, mushrooms, and bean sprouts.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    I love sliced lamb over salad with blue cheese dressing. I also say yes to lamb curry.

I do make open faced sandwiches with a low carb almond flour bread with left over roasted meat slices warmed in the toaster oven, that would work too. I love lamb sandwiches especially that way.