Options
kennygang
kennygang Posts: 93 Member
Any thoughts if it is worth it ?

Replies

• kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    From what I've read, no. Not worth it. The premium version might be of value if you don't want to see the ads, you have a need to set macros to something more specific than 5% increments and you want to be able to enter varied calorie goals on different days of the week.

I'm not sure of other premium features. I've not looked into it and use the free version.
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    You can get free premium months by signing up for beta testing and providing feedback now and then.
  • DietPrada
    DietPrada Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I bought a year membership. Mainly so I can set my macros in grams. You still see the ads, at least I still get bullsh!t carb laden suggestions on my feed.
  • mike5884
    mike5884 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    RalfLott wrote: »
    You can get free premium months by signing up for beta testing and providing feedback now and then.

How would i be able to get the beta testing?
  • LowCarbInScotland
    LowCarbInScotland Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I bought a year membership. Mainly so I can set my macros in grams. You still see the ads, at least I still get bullsh!t carb laden suggestions on my feed.

Weird, I had the premium version and never saw a single ad. My paid account just expired and i haven't renewed. The extra conveniences aren't worth it. I do get the ads now, but it's not that bad, not worth paying again.
  • RalfLott
    Options
    mike5884 wrote: »
    RalfLott wrote: »

How would i be able to get the beta testing?

Try this link:

https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2292940-join-the-beta-program-
  • bowlerae
    bowlerae Posts: 555 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I think I have the premium version and because I don't remember for certain I would say no not worth it lol.
  • BishopLord
    BishopLord Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    kennygang wrote: »
    Any thoughts if it is worth it ?

It's worth it for the 3 month's I'm doing a "Top Loser Challenge" at work. With premium, I can export my food diary and import it into Excel. I guess I could do it manually, but it doesn't cost much to do premium month to month for the time I need it for.

BTW, I tried other hacks that are supposed to export your data to CSV, but I couldn't get it to work. You have to set your diary to public, and enter your username (some ask for password). /shrug
  • RalfLott
    Options
    I would urge y'all to think about going the beta tester route - in addition to getting premium for free, it gives you a direct pipeline to MFP to request additions (like more trackable nutrients, integration with the USDA database, etc.).

• Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    I have just signed up for the beta testing, thank you for the link @RalfLott