Need healthy tuna wrap ideas.

Options
My tuna, mayo, tomato, onion wrap is yummy but getting boring. I need some ideas to dress it up but still keep it low calorie. Thanks

Replies

• yogagirlT
    yogagirlT Posts: 91 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    My version of a Greek tuna wrap is I mix in some hummus (you don't need a lot--1 tsp for flavor) and a bit of fat free feta cheese. I love Kalamata olives but they are on the higher fat side but a good fat. I will dice one olive into really small pieces. Squeeze a little fresh lemon juice and add sliced tomatoes on top. Yum. If you want to add flavor to the tuna, I love sprinkling in fresh herbs like dill or whatever dried herbs you have. I love lemon pepper and a dash of that added to tuna is yummy. Instead of mayo, I swap it out for light Greek yogurt and add fresh lemon juice and herbs.
  • JacquieS1962
    JacquieS1962 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks, sounds delish! I love all those ingredients and will definitely try it. :)
  • yogagirlT
    yogagirlT Posts: 91 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I get bored with tuna too. I also love tuna melts and will add some curry powder and Dijon mustard to add some zest to it. If you are sticking to low cal you can skip the cheese and just add sliced tomato on top and broil the sandwich open faced. Fresh avocado on tuna is also yummy and I make a lot of tuna lettuce wraps minus the bread tuna to reduce my carbs.
  • JacquieS1962
    JacquieS1962 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    This is great, thanks again for the ideas. I love avocado so will definitely try. I guess tuna's not that boring after all. I just couldn't think..lol Thanks:)
  • thenicolie
    thenicolie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    What kind of hummus do you add to your tuna?
  • kimb114
    kimb114 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Tuna is great with onion and celery. Sometime I like it with sweet relish. But cautious of how much you eat during the week. You should only have it once or twice a week due to the mercury in the fish. It could cause defect in a birth, or so I have heard. Enjoy.
  • samuelgina91
    samuelgina91 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Avocado chunked in makes it so good, but you can also try adding match sticks of carrot and cucumber with some lemon juice to brighten up the flavor. Also adding heat really ups the tuna wrap, like a good dash of chili flakes or some jalapeno finely chopped.