Ninevah 90

Options
orapronobis
orapronobis Posts: 460 Member
Is anyone else participating in the Ninevah 90: 90 days of prayer, fasting, penance leading up the the 100th anniversary of Mary's apparition in Fatima? If so, I'd like to have some accountability buddies.

Replies

• ZelleLarentia
    ZelleLarentia Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Oh wow, I missed hearing about this! Can you post a link here, perhaps we can draw others and have several accountability buddies? Thanks! :-)
  • ZelleLarentia
    ZelleLarentia Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I will review the list to see what I can faithfully do. :-)
  • ACSelkie
    ACSelkie Posts: 46 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Orapronobis, so pleased you brought this to the attention of the group.. I am going to make the commitment and welcome all accountability buddies and guides.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOPgaStNNTs
  • jlr_405
    jlr_405 Posts: 18 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I didn't know about this, i have however been reciting the Rosary as well as the Devine Mercy Chaplet everyday for the past year, i don't know if that would count as prayers. Are there certain prayers or would the ones i listed count?
  • orapronobis
    orapronobis Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Yes, of course! The first 54 days of Ninevah 90 include praying a daily rosary for the intentions of personal holiness, the church on earth, and the conversion of our nation. It doesn't matter if you didn't start on day one including these intentions. Other aspects of Ninevah 90 are fasting and exercise. Fasting meaning no food between meals and only healthy food and two days a week a more strict fast (bread, juice and water is suggested). The exercise should be strenuous. Also, daily Mass if possible and frequent confession. The last 33 days are a preparation for Consecration to Jesus through Mary. Everyone is encouraged to do as much of this a they can, and every effort is worthwhile.