Whole30 Discussion

Options
Post questions or comments here for Whole30.

B)

Replies

• lavender624flood
    lavender624flood Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Helpful:

Whole30 Dos and Don'ts https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQYO3T38gto

Whole 30 Meal planning for lazy people https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d11n0z3nD-s
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    I'm in for both! I belong to another group where I'm required to walk 8K each and every day and I started my version of Whole30 yesterday. I am being almost compliant, just keeping dairy in my diet as I know it doesn't bother me. A few months ago I completely gave up dairy as I thought it was giving me some of my sinus allergy issues. Didn't make a difference, didn't feel any different at all. So I know I can scratch that one off the list. I bet it's sugar or artificial sweeteners. And it's amazing to realize that some form of sweetener seems to be in everything. ANNOYING! I am looking forward to this journey and making some new friends!! :)
  • homesweeths
    homesweeths Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I am lucky to get in 2k a day... but I aim for that. Definitely in on the Whole30. Hopefully it will help the joint pain enough that I'll be able to walk farther by the end of the month.
  • homesweeths
    Options
    carlsoda wrote: »
    I'm in for both! I belong to another group where I'm required to walk 8K each and every day and I started my version of Whole30 yesterday. I am being almost compliant, just keeping dairy in my diet as I know it doesn't bother me. A few months ago I completely gave up dairy as I thought it was giving me some of my sinus allergy issues. Didn't make a difference, didn't feel any different at all. So I know I can scratch that one off the list. I bet it's sugar or artificial sweeteners. And it's amazing to realize that some form of sweetener seems to be in everything. ANNOYING! I am looking forward to this journey and making some new friends!! :)

Sugar inflames my joints, so, yeah... a likely culprit.
  • lavender624flood
    Options
    Be in for all ur whatever part is working for you presently. I believe in starting small and slowly building on success. Welcome to the group Carlsoda and thanks for coming aboard Homesweeths. B)
  • lavender624flood
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I use cronometer now. I just discovered it about six months ago. A lot of detail, but I like that. Here is a link for a discussion about it:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10296066/cronometer
  • carlsoda
    Options
    I am lucky to get in 2k a day... but I aim for that. Definitely in on the Whole30. Hopefully it will help the joint pain enough that I'll be able to walk farther by the end of the month.

Have you ever tried turmeric for joint pain? It helps with inflammation. I take the GAIA brand daily, it's also good for the heart :)

Good luck, I hope this program really helps you!

Today is day 3 for me and I've already noticed sugar doesn't have the same hold on me. I can think of sugary stuff and it doesn't make me crave them like it has in the past. I can't wait to see how I feel after 30 days of no sugar and no artificial sugar products!
  • carlsoda
    Options
    Be in for all ur whatever part is working for you presently. I believe in starting small and slowly building on success. Welcome to the group Carlsoda and thanks for coming aboard Homesweeths. B)

Thank you for starting the group!!!
  • lavender624flood
    Options
    My fridge is not big enough for Whole 30. I have to go shopping again!

5 Make-Ahead Mason Jar Breakfasts | MyFitnessPal http://blog.myfitnesspal.com/5-make-ahead-mason-jar-breakfasts/
  • homesweeths
    Options
    My fridge is wonky. Need to schedule a repairman at some point. Often it freezes my vegetables.

I love make-ahead ideas, even though I don't make any make-ahead Mason jar salads right now, because of that freezing problem. I've been thinking about chia pudding, but didn't think it fit Whole30 restrictions. I have to admit, I haven't investigated the question.
  • lavender624flood
    Options
    Does it freeze things on the bottom shelf?
  • homesweeths
    Options
    No rhyme or reason. Yes, definitely on the bottom shelf, with the coldest temps toward the back. But stuff can freeze at the top or in the middle, too. I have the temp turned down as far as it goes (I mean, set at "1" which is the warmest fridge setting).
  • homesweeths
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Came down sick yesterday with sinus-throat crud. No appetite. Spent a lot of time sleeping and stuck to really simple food.

What are your Paleo go-to comfort foods?
  • lavender624flood
    Options
    Green beans, Kale, Collards, or Chard in bone broth. I sometimes add riced Cauliflower for a tasty contrast.
  • homesweeths
    Options
    Put cauliflower rice in the chicken soup tonight. Really nice touch!