Reintroducing myself!

Options
Hi everyone! Last month was my restart and it was amazing!!! I've been a member on MFP and even in this group for quite some time but never stuck with anything. After I got back from vacation and once again barely fit in an airplane seat I was done. My mom and I joined the Planet Fitness that just opened near us and we hit the gym. Since Jan 11th we have gone 17 days(including today) we do some weights and cardio everyday, but not a ton since I was nursering a torn ligament in my knee. Now it seems healed and I've been doing more, and wow is it amazing. I've never fully stuck with exercising this long, just need to work on my food choices but they've been much much better. I know this is a lot of writing, and I apologize I've just always quit by now because I give up on myself. I come to this group everyday and see how we are all in similar boats and that I'm not the only one who's hit hard times. I hope I can have some of you as friends and we continue to help each other! Look forward to "meeting" some of you! Have a great one!!!

Replies

• bevkidd1
    bevkidd1 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am also starting over after the last couole months. I gained all but 1 pound back after losing 33 pounds. I am back on track again and lost 10 pounds my first week. I know that will not continue to be the case every week but I am confident I will continue to lose. You can add me as a friend if you like and we can maybe kerp each other going.
  • asrai50
    asrai50 Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Sounds like you are both on the right track!
  • HLaR79
    HLaR79 Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Hi hawkschick, jump into the message board its a great way to stay motivated
  • MissBecca145
    MissBecca145 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Welcome welcome! :)
  • HawksChick92
    HawksChick92 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Actually found out this morning I gained a ton of weight back so I was a bit upset and came on the group to read some stuff, even sent messages to some of the friends I have on here. I have been pretty down about it all day but stuck with healthy eating so hoping I don't slip this weekend. I have been on the message boards, definitely helps! And thanks for the add Becca!! :)
  • MissBecca145
    Options
    Thanks! Actually found out this morning I gained a ton of weight back so I was a bit upset and came on the group to read some stuff, even sent messages to some of the friends I have on here. I have been pretty down about it all day but stuck with healthy eating so hoping I don't slip this weekend. I have been on the message boards, definitely helps! And thanks for the add Becca!! :)

I'm sorry your day started out crappy. Regain is one of those things hey? I'm currently losing 50lbs I regained over two years (after vowing to never lose the same lb twice). So I feel ya.

But we're all here for you (and each other!). We've jsut gotta stick to it gang! *GO TEAM*
  • HLaR79
    HLaR79 Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    When your having a bad day you need the group, when your having a good day the group needs you.
  • MissBecca145
    Options
    SO well said @HLaR79 !!
  • melharper1976
    melharper1976 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi. I've just come back to mfp . I was doing slimming world but managed to gain 8lb in a year lol. Finding it too restrictive and expensive. I'm glad to be back to eating normal food again.
    In the last 4 years I've lost around 40lb, I'm just over 300 now. I'm 40 and am getting aches and pains and feels tired easily so I really want to shift this excess now.
    Please add me as a friend.
  • asrai50
    asrai50 Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Welcome! FR sent