Still not losing

Options
DietPrada
DietPrada Posts: 1,171 Member
I do hate to go on about it, but it's getting beyond frustrating. Super strict on calorie intake, no processed/fake sugar etc. Lower protein, carbs under 30, drinking water, going for walks, taking my supplements, plenty of salt, not stressed, sleeping fine. Even took a laxative yesterday thinking maybe I'm "stopped up". Not TTOTM. And yet I'm gaining, daily. How is this even possible?

1xtic58am4ab.png

Replies

• Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    That has to be really frustrating. Are you taking measurements?
  • DietPrada
    Options
    Not taking measurements, no, but my clothes fit the same. My jeans are usually a good gauge.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    If you haven't given any changes at least 4-6 weeks, preferably 12 weeks per most experts, since you started mixing things up, it is completely unrealistic to expect a legitimate change yet.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry; that sounds really frustrating. I wish I had insights for you.
    FWIW, I plateaued for about a month last winter. I did a short egg fast and the scale started going down again. No idea if this would work for anyone else but I figured I'd throw it out there.
  • DietPrada
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    If you haven't given any changes at least 4-6 weeks, preferably 12 weeks per most experts, since you started mixing things up, it is completely unrealistic to expect a legitimate change yet.

I agree with this, however if the only change you made was reduce your calorie intake by 300 a day, you would expect some loss over 3 months. Given I was losing 0.5 to 1 kg a month before. I'm a daily weigher, and I know it does my head in sometimes, but the trend over time doesn't lie (according to all of the red figures on Happy Scale).
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    My guess is that you have a dip coming. When the scale climbed for me, often 2-5 lbs, It was usually followed by a dip that would take me back below where the climb started. If you are doing it right, the scale, or tape measure, will respond eventually... Hopefully before it drives you insane though. Boo. I would get frustrated too.

For me, and I have no idea why, making my caloric intake fluctuate seems to help. Some days I was spot on my goal, other days I was 1000 kcals over or under. It seemed I would often experience the whoosh drop after increased caloric day(s). It could be coincidence but I always wondered if the fluctuations helped my body not worry about holding on to fat because I haven't been getting enough food. Just a theory of mine that seemed to fit somewhat.

• WG_Keto
    WG_Keto Posts: 33 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I second the messuring, and would suggest taking pics of yourself from all angles to compare later.
    I just came off a 2 week plateau (only lost a half lb during then). The numbers on the scale stayed the same, but the numbers on the tape measure sure moved.
    Stay with it, when the scale finally changed again for me I dropped over 2 lbs from one day to the next.
  • Toni5569
    Toni5569 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I've experienced this myself. Not sure what your calorie intake is but I suggest you eat more. Just as the previous poster suggested......the body is fooled into thinking it does not need to conserve. Try every third day & increase your calorie intake.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    True on the scale vs measurements thing. I think it was @Sunny_Bunny_ who mentioned a few months back that she was glad she measured in many places because she'd lost inches on the rib cage, so it was not a noticeable area that would be noticeable by trying on favorite pants. It was too high.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
    Options
    I'm basically running well over a 500cal deficit most days. I basically do 250-300cals worth of HIIT most days. I can't lose anything on the scale. But I've lost inches on waist, hips, and thighs and gained on biceps/triceps, chest (pecs and back) and forearms. The scale made no notice. That's been 7 weeks worth of work. It makes me mad I eat so little. But stuff is going on that I wouldn't really notice without the measuring tape. I'll probably have to eat less still to make the scale move. Which sucks. I'll have to decide whether it's worth it to me or not, considering the enormous *kitten* I'm dealing with regarding my health already.

My point is, without the measurements to evaluate, I have no indication anything I'm doing is making any change to my body.
  • swezeytba
    swezeytba Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    @EbonyDahlia ....I can't see your diary so I don't have any idea what types of food you eat, but you might take a look at where there might be some hidden carbs.

I noticed this week that depending on what type of mascarpone cheese I buy the nutrition information says that each serving (same serving size) can have anywhere from 0 to 2 carbs. I tend to believe the 2 carbs more than the zero for sure, so if I was using the 0 carb for tracking and eating quite a few servings of that item daily, I could be unintentionally going over my carb limit while thinking I was in line.

Just something to think about.....Sometimes when you are not seeing any results it might come down to little things like that or really making sure your portion sizes are what you think they are, example ounces of meat, etc.
  • McShorty7
    McShorty7 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I find that increasing my protein for a few days causes a loss when I'm at a stall. Dig into a big juicy Ribeye steak and see what happens.
  • DietPrada
    Options
    swezeytba wrote: »
    @EbonyDahlia ....I can't see your diary so I don't have any idea what types of food you eat, but you might take a look at where there might be some hidden carbs.

I noticed this week that depending on what type of mascarpone cheese I buy the nutrition information says that each serving (same serving size) can have anywhere from 0 to 2 carbs. I tend to believe the 2 carbs more than the zero for sure, so if I was using the 0 carb for tracking and eating quite a few servings of that item daily, I could be unintentionally going over my carb limit while thinking I was in line.

Just something to think about.....Sometimes when you are not seeing any results it might come down to little things like that or really making sure your portion sizes are what you think they are, example ounces of meat, etc.

I've been doing this 4 years, I have my food pretty sorted. I don't use generic diary entries, and I eat mostly unprocessed food. If I eat anything packaged I use the same brand from the database and I check the figures against the packaging. I weigh everything. I'm confident there's no carb or calorie creep.