week 1...3 pounds!

Options
haysc01
haysc01 Posts: 7 Member
:) I have no will power, I cleaned the house of junk food prior to starting. I asked for support on this venture. 2 hrs later ... potato chips, Coke, Ice Cream and Chocolate were, purchased. Thanks team!!

I had Ice Cream...with Coke...and went back for chocolate at 3AM....

Any recommendations?

Replies

• OlySteve68
    OlySteve68 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    It's going to be hard to break old habits at first! My motivation has been the calorie counter. I'm actually back to the "I can't eat that" mentality after less than a week of joining this site. Stay strong!!! We're all here for support!
  • Sheila_KI
    Sheila_KI Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Day by Day.....
  • MindyAmy
    MindyAmy Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Count it. Count it all. That's how it worked for me. Once I saw what I was actually consuming in black and white it was easier to stop. You will get there!

Also I plan my late night snack. First thing in the morning I enter my sweet snack into my counter to save the calories for later. That helped with all the random cravings too because I knew I was going to get a treat later.

Stay strong! You got this.
  • RobertJeromePutman500
    Options
    Baby steps. Take 1 day at a time. Don't get discouraged. You can do this!
  • RigSel
    RigSel Posts: 10 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Why were you up at 3 AM in the first place? Resolve to go to bed by 10 PM if at all possible. Clear bedroom of anything that disturbs your sleep (cell phone, TV, an over-bright table clock, any source of light). Place a bottle of water by your bedside and if you wake up "hungry" remind yourself you're probably just thirsty.
    Remember:
    - Uninterrupted sleep is crucial for weightloss
    - Uninterrupted sleep is crucial for good health - your body needs to heal from everything you put it through every day
    - If you're thirsty, it means you're already dehydrated. Fight your impulse to eat at the first feeling of hunger - you're probably thirsty. Give it time. Then address hunger.

Good luck, friend. You got this!
  • deneenae
    deneenae Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Work those items into your day's calorie allotment. If you regard that food as "bad", sometimes you want it even more. So take a preemptive strike and portion some chips, ice cream, chocolate, etc into your day.