Keto Screw up rant and looking for support

Options
Hi everyone! I started Keto a week ago. I have been doing tons of research, bought three books and have been totally strictly committed. Today I stupidly ate corn on the cob, I forgot about corn actually being a grain and not a vegetable I was just thinking veggie. I have been staying at no more than 20 carbs a day and I just know I probably kicked myself out of Ketosis over corn! I'm just so sick about it. So I'm looking for fellow Keto friends to help get me through, share our progress and even yummy recipes!

Replies

• candrist
    candrist Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    It may have thrown you out of Ketosis, but today is a new day.

The one thing I find with Keto is that you can go out of keto and you will be back in the next day if you stick with it. If you throw in the towel and eat whatever you want once you realize it, it will be much harder to get back on the wagon.

It's just one meal, it isn't a big deal.

KCKO!
  • Whoniverse_Lover
    Whoniverse_Lover Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    My take on an experience like that is to not sweat the small stuff. Be kind to yourself. Don't be a nazi about it. Be strict, yes, that's good, but show yourself some mercy and give yourself a break. Count it as a learning experience on the journey, but stay on the journey.
  • Bella954
    Bella954 Posts: 16 Member
    Options