Family Favorites

I thought it would be fun to post some recipes for the entire family. I know I don't like to make two different meals for dinner!!! One of our favorite dinners is chicken wraps. I use the bagged Tyson chicken strips (plain or fajita). Heat those on the stove. I then sauté peppers, onions, and mushrooms in olive oil. We use High Fiber Xtreme Wellness tortilla wraps. On the Achieve weight loss program you can have two wraps with chicken, 1 Tbl of fat free or light sour cream, fat free shredded cheese, lettuce, sautéed veggies, and salsa. This is quite filling and everyone eats them. What other light/heathy recipes do your families eat?

Replies

• adamjmilnes
    adamjmilnes Posts: 9 Member
    Tasty! I use those wraps at lunch. I have put chicken salad in them and had a few slices of ham and a tbl spoon of ranch as well.
  • mnmilnes
    mnmilnes Posts: 32 Member
    Thanks Laura! We do something similar. I put chicken breasts in the crockpot on low all day with taco seasoning and a jar of salsa. When it's dinner time I shred the chicken and throw chicken and cheese into tortillas, grill them a couple minutes and top them with veggies and low calorie sour cream. High protein, high fiber, low calorie quesadilla meal! Yum! Another fave is 4 chicken breasts in a casserole dish, topped with a jar of pesto, covered in foil, bake at 375 for 45 mins. Remove foil, top with mozzarella and place back in oven uncovered for 5 mins. Serve with salad, and small baked potato or high fiber-whole grain pasta. Low calorie, low carb, delicious!
  • dsdaiga
    dsdaiga Posts: 12 Member
    http://www.thetwobiteclub.com/2014/05/kielbasa-pepper-onion-and-potato-hash.html?m=1

You can also use chicken sausage. Top with a little feta cheese and you have a quick, easy, yummy meal!
  • kindelcollier
    kindelcollier Posts: 8 Member
    We use ground white turkey instead of ground beef now. In chili, tacos, spahetti know one can tell the difference and its leaner meat!
  • catz789
    catz789 Posts: 35 Member
    Spinach Salad with Pears, Pecans, and Feta Cheese
    1/2 c. Pecans
    1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
    2 Tbsp. White wine vinegar
    1 Tbsp. Honey
    Salt & Pepper
    3 Tbsp. chopped red onion
    2 Red pears, cored, cut in thin slices
    8 oz. pre-washed baby spinach
    3 oz. Feta cheese, crumbled

1. Toast pecans in non-stick skillet over medium heat, stirring often, for 3 - 4 minutes or until lightly browned and fragrant.
    2. Whisk oil, vinegar, honey, salt, pepper in salad bowl. Stir in onion and pears.
    3. Only add Spinach when ready to serve immediately or spinach wilts. Toss to coat.
    4. Divide salad among 4 plates and top each with pecans and feta cheese before serving.

Nutrition: 311 calories, 6 g protein, 33 g carbohydrates, 20 g fat, 3 g saturated fat, 4 mg cholesterol, 237 mg sodium, 7 g fiber
  • catz789
    catz789 Posts: 35 Member
    I made up this Breakfast Muffin recipe which has been a real time saver for Luke when he needs to be out the door at 7 AM for work.
    Enjoy! Lisa

These breakfast muffins take just 15 seconds in the microwave to re-heat. They can also be frozen for up to 2 months. Re-heat from frozen at 70% power for 30 - 45 seconds or 375 deg for 8 - 10 minutes.

9 eggs, beaten
    1/4 - 1/2 cup milk
    (1/2 cup cheese optional)
    Salt & Pepper
    Pinch of cayenne pepper
    Add-in options:
    Onion, diced & sauteed
    Green pepper, diced & sauteed
    Sausage, crumbled and cooked
    Ham, diced and cooked
    Bacon, cooked and crumbled

Whisk eggs and milk until fluffy. Add spices, sauteed veggies, (and cheese). Put cupcake liners in muffin pan for ease of cleanup. Pour mixture into liners. Choose one meat and divide evenly between all 12 muffins (push meat down with fork).
    Bake 15 minutes at 375 degrees until egg mixture is set. (You can top with cheese when nearly done if you didn't put it in mixture.)
  • mnmilnes
    mnmilnes Posts: 32 Member
    That's awesome Lisa, I believe you made up a very tasty quiche!