Week 2: Eat intentionally

dsdaiga
dsdaiga Posts: 12 Member
Mindless eating. Stress eating. Refueling. You have probably heard these terms before. I am guilty of them more often than I care to admit. I work from home and oftentimes after a stressful phone call or email I find myself opening the fridge or looking in the pantry. My real issue is work, but my flesh is telling me to eat. Before you know it, I have eaten 5 Oreos without even thinking about it!

One of the things I have found helpful during this challenge is to ask myself some questions before I eat. Questions like, “Am I even hungry?” or “Do I need another carbohydrate when I have eaten 3 servings already?” Or how about, “Is eating this piece of candy going to give me the energy I need to do God’s work? The Word of God says my body is a temple, will eating this (fill in the blank) be glorifying to God?”

I Corinthians 10:31 says, “Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.”

Thinking through our food choices before we eat allows time for God’s input. His guiding Spirit is willing and able to help make the right choices and ultimately bring glory to Him.

Replies

• mnmilnes
    mnmilnes Posts: 32 Member
    I love this Daren ♡ It is most definitely for me!
  • catz789
    catz789 Posts: 35 Member
    I love the questions you posed in this post. I am going to try to ask myself them next time I am tempted by a treat!
  • mnmilnes
    I'm tacking 1 Corinthians 10:31 on everything
  • Yea this was a helpful post for sure. I havnt gotten to know many of you yet as well as I would like to but you have probably seen me trudging around a 1 year old and a two year old. Unless it is just me, being a full time mother to four children and two of them being so close in age it is sometimes very difficult for me to keep my witts. It is also difficult to try to venture out on my own with both of them hanging off my hip. So, I often sit at home bored and exhausted and out of habit, I eat. I fed into the lie, literally, that is makes me feel better because it's like my own thing I like to do and am able. I fell into the sin of gluttony very hard. I am so thankful for this whole thing and everyone involved! I am going to challenge myself to ask myself those very questions and will continually remind myself I am not on this journey alone. Thanks to everyone who participates!
  • mnmilnes
    That is awesome Kayla! You're right, we're in this together ♡