Whole Foods Grocery Store

vs_shine
vs_shine Posts: 1,322 Member
I'm taking a trip (45 minute drive) to my first Whole Foods grocery store! I'm hoping to find all kinds of great, clean foods.

I follow Whole30 dietary guidelines so
I'm really excited to get some Whole30 approved Alomond Milk . :-)
Either MALK (contains organic almonds, himalayan salt, and filtered water). Or
New Barn (contains organic almonds, organic acacia gum, and sea salt)

Do y'all have any suggestions?
Favorite items?
Favorite foods?
Brands?

It'll be a bit til I can make a second trip so I'd love some feedback!

Replies

• WickAndArtoo
    WickAndArtoo Posts: 773 Member
    Oh I am SO jealous!!! I have only been to a Whole Foods once, it was amazing. It was basically like taking all the small town health food stores I've ever been to and putting them into one spot! I am in love with kombucha and also fermented foods like kimchi so that's where I would head first :) good luck I hope you find some good stuff there !!
  • vs_shine
    :-D I've had kimchi , but I've never bought it and brought it home! I'll have to look for kimchi recipes and stuff :-)

And kombucha! I'll look for that! I've never had that!

Thanks so much!
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Mine carry a yoghurt brand called Traderspoint Creamery and they are little whole fat glass jars, small servings but so delicious. I shop sparingly there as they are so expensive in general, though.
  • vs_shine
    I'll keep my eyes out for that!
    Thanks so much!
  • AngelaWFPB4Life
    AngelaWFPB4Life Posts: 2 Member
    We had an Ermas health store when I lived in Nasau. Love whole foods and make that 2 hr trip once a month. Awesome store!
  • vs_shine
    Oh yeah!? That's awesome! Houston girls!
    So glad I found that store :-)
  • michelles709
    michelles709 Posts: 15 Member
    I love Whole Foods. I'm on a strict budget of $200.00 every two weeks. This is to feed 2 people. We eat a lot of the same items. I love the Whole Foods 365-day brand. I downloaded their app on my phone which has coupons on it. Not all the items they have are a great price and I can find them cheaper at other stores. I love that most of the items I can get there are non-GMO and organic. Also, canned items are non-BPA lined. I usually spend around $50.00 there or so a month. I usually buy kombucha (big container) $7.99 each, Barbra's and terra chips, 365 rice, 365 pasta sauce, spices (not all are a good deal, but some are), hash browns, fries, tater tots, non-GMO frozen veggies, organic bananas, hummus, and sometimes fruits and veggies (depend on price).

I love just walking in. Our store has such a great group of people working there and we can even sit by an outdoor fireplace and order pizza. I hope you have a good experience. The first trip can be overwhelming to try and see it all the first trip.
  • vs_shine
    That's awesome! Thanks so much for all the info!
  • Hey guys my name is Regina I just moved to Florida on NEW Years Eve. I am managing my weight by that I mean losing weight safely by walking 3 miles daily, counting my calories, drinking lots of water and just plain old eating healthy. Hi everybody