Breakfast idea

Options
I usually have an egg sandwich in the morning, with a low carb high fiber bread...but that is a lot of calories.
What do you eat for breafast?

Replies

• visualizefit
    visualizefit Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I make frittatas at the beginning of the week and eat them all week.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Full fat Greek yogurt with frozen blueberries and flaxseed meal + decaf with half and half.
  • lamiller82
    lamiller82 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Honestly... I eat at my desk after school has started, so I normally have either a Atkins bar or a Quest bar.
  • eatsyork
    eatsyork Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I always have coffee with a few tablespoons of heavy cream and then a little of whatever solid food is laying around. I might have an egg, a hunk of cheese, or a few slices of ham. Hunger isn't really an issue when I'm in ketosis so I avoid doing anything big and fancy during the morning rush. Plenty of time to eat all the calories later in the day.
  • bowlerae
    bowlerae Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    I don't mind high calories for breakfast. If it fills you up and lasts you until lunch or dinner (if you are intentionally trying to skip lunch) then that's great. I usually do bulletproof coffee (BPC) solo or with either bacon and eggs or berries and full fat greek yogurt (how ever this option is high in carbs so I have to already have a plan for what I'll be having for lunch and dinner because most of my carb allowance is used up for this meal). On the weekends I might do something more like low carb/keto pancakes. Saturday I made BPC, keto pancakes, bacon and eggs and my breakfast was over 1000 calories but it lasted me until dinner.
  • JohnnyLowCarb
    JohnnyLowCarb Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    bowlerae wrote: »
    Saturday I made BPC, keto pancakes, bacon and eggs and my breakfast was over 1000 calories but it lasted me until dinner.

How do you make BPC?
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    Coffee w/ heavy cream and collagen is my breakfast weekdays. Weekends I usually have bacon and eggs.
  • mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    @tcunbeliever *high five*
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    johnnylew wrote: »
    Saturday I made BPC, keto pancakes, bacon and eggs and my breakfast was over 1000 calories but it lasted me until dinner.

How do you make BPC?

True bulletproof coffee is

"At least 1-2tbs unsalted grass-fed butter or grass-fed ghee.
    1-2tbs of Brain Octane™ or XCT oil™ (these are 18x and 6x stronger than coconut oil, with no flavor. They are NOT generic MCT oil, which is about 1.6x stronger than coconut oil)
    1-2 cups (~250-500ml) of hot coffee brewed with low-toxin beans (like Bulletproof Upgraded Coffee) using a metal filter (like french press or gold filter drip)."

https://blog.bulletproof.com/bulletproof-coffee-recipe/

Bulletproof is a brand and a very specific recipe.

What most people mean when saying this is a "keto coffee" or "fatty coffee".

More commonly you make it with any single or combination of these ingredients in whatever quantities you find beneficial for appetite control or taste.

Butter or ghee
    Coconut oil or MCT oil
    Heavy whipping cream or half n half

I've even seen recipes adding cocoa powder and sweeteners and protein powders and all sorts of things. I really think these coffees need another name since they are so far removed from what bulletproof coffee actually is. And I say this as someone that doesn't drink the original kind either. I'm no purist by any means. It's just making it a little confusing I think.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,956 Member
    Options

How do you make BPC?

1-2tbs of Brain Octane™ or XCT oil™ (these are 18x and 6x stronger than coconut oil, with no flavor. They are NOT generic MCT oil, which is about 1.6x stronger than coconut oil)
    1-2 cups (~250-500ml) of hot coffee brewed with low-toxin beans (like Bulletproof Upgraded Coffee) using a metal filter (like french press or gold filter drip)."

More commonly you make it with any single or combination of these ingredients in whatever quantities you find beneficial for appetite control or taste.

Butter or ghee
    Coconut oil or MCT oil

I've even seen recipes adding cocoa powder and sweeteners and protein powders and all sorts of things. I really think these coffees need another name since they are so far removed from what bulletproof coffee actually is. And I say this as someone that doesn't drink the original kind either. I'm no purist by any means. It's just making it a little confusing I think.

I've always called it keto coffee or Kevlar coffee... I couldn't get the latter to catch on despite it's brilliance. :smirk:
  • bowlerae
    bowlerae Posts: 555 Member
    Options

How do you make BPC?

Butter or ghee
    Coconut oil or MCT oil

Exactly as @Sunny_Bunny_ has said. Most people use the term Bulletproof Coffee or BPC to mean keto coffee. Think of someone saying "I'm going to Xerox something" when they aren't actually using a Xerox machine but some other brand of copier. Bulletproof is the brand and they have created their own MCT oil as well as their own coffee beans but the term is used more broadly.

My recipe is: 1-2T heavy whipping cream, 1-2T MCT oil, 1T butter, stevia to my liking, dash of cinnamon, vanilla extract.
  • Kimo159
    Kimo159 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I've done 2% cottage cheese, plain greek yogurt with berries, cinnamon and a tiny bit of SF maple syrup, smoothies (protein powder, almond milk, berries, spinach, avocado), BPC, bacon and eggs (if you want a lower calorie option you could do turkey bacon and eggs). You could do your egg sandwich and just do an open faced sandwich to save the calories from that extra slice of bread.
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,366 Member
    Options
    Coffee with HWC - I do IF so no food for breakfast for me... unless you count what most people would call lunch as breakfast :smile:
  • fuelednfit
    fuelednfit Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Recently i am having hard boiled eggs and I pour melted butter on them and add a bit of Frank red hot sauce
  • codename_steve
    codename_steve Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I'm on the black coffee/IF train!
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »

How do you make BPC?

Butter or ghee
    Coconut oil or MCT oil

I've always called it keto coffee or Kevlar coffee... I couldn't get the latter to catch on despite it's brilliance. :smirk:

I love kevlar coffee - lol

I use "BPC" for ease, because, 3 letters! But I realize I'm not having a true bulletproof coffee.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    I often have eggs and bacon or canadian bacon, a sliced tomatoe if I'm in the mood for that. On weekends, I have eggs benedict without the English muffin if we go out to breakfast. I also like making egg muffins, there are a huge variety of those on all the low carb blogging sites. I also do IF somedays, just add HWC to my coffee and enjoy till lunchtime.
  • McShorty7
    McShorty7 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I usually have a salad containing spring mix, tomato, pumpkin seeds, cheese, meatballs or chicken and olive oil or full fat Greek yogurt with stevia and a few berries or natural peanut butter.