What's your goal for 2017 ?

Options
2»

Replies

• sazzylouise_123
    sazzylouise_123 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm Sarah. I'm 27. I've got 22lbs of baby weight to lose (2 years later). Hopefully by summer time. Feel free to add me xxx
  • ashleygardner24
    ashleygardner24 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    To be more energized, to lose that 45 pound baggage, to hike in Arizona in October and not be out of breath, and to feel good for once in my life!
  • sweetneat75
    sweetneat75 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm not exactly new to MFP. Lost 30 lbs last year, gained back 10. So my goal is to get the other 20 off. Once that goal is reached I will set another!
  • size102b
    size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    MFP says 1200cal a day but I'm also doing IF. Not a brekkie person. I work out early in the morning and take BCAA instead of breakfast.

1200 a day is the universal setting you can change this find S good calorie intake calculator
    Scoot is ok
  • size102b
    Options
    Hi all! I'm Sarah. I'm 27. I've got 22lbs of baby weight to lose (2 years later). Hopefully by summer time. Feel free to add me xxx
    Congrats on baby :)
    22lbs is not much it will be gone by summer :)
  • size102b
    Options
    To be more energized, to lose that 45 pound baggage, to hike in Arizona in October and not be out of breath, and to feel good for once in my life!

Sound like a great incentive to me always good to have that goal well done
  • size102b
    Options
    I'm not exactly new to MFP. Lost 30 lbs last year, gained back 10. So my goal is to get the other 20 off. Once that goal is reached I will set another!

Hi I'm positive it'll be gone very soon :)
  • Meggers120Now
    Meggers120Now Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a Tough Mudder mid-June and I'd like to lose 40lbs by then, as well as build upper body strength and increase my cardio. I'm repeating week 4 of the C25K program right now. Full body weight training 3x per week and core focused yoga 2x per week. Cals are set to 1200 with a 40/30/30 macro split. Please feel free to add me if you would like to track my diary.

Happy to have found this group - we got this :smile:
  • artanis50
    artanis50 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    My 2017 goal is to get healthy. My ultimate goal weight is between 125 and 135, but I'm not sure if I'll ever get there.

I've struggled with my weight for a long time. In college I was fit and healthy and very active. I weighed 115 if I was lucky. Fast forward to the highest weight years later, after having my son I was 206. Considering I'm only 5'1", I was pretty big. That was 2013. Over the past few years I've sort of tried to lose it, but never really committed. I'm committed now. My current weight is 188 and I have my eyes set on 150 for the time being. That's what my weight was at my wedding in 2012.

I'm hypothyroid so that's a struggle too. My worst time of day is when I get out of work I like to watch TV and snack. I need to break that habit! I also like to mindlessly snack at night when I watch TV.

• jennicase
    jennicase Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose between 30-40 pounds and to STICK WITH daily exercise. Exercise is such a struggle for me!!!! Making the time to work out has never been a priority. I eat very well and I think my hold up with the weight loss is truly from minimal movement.
  • size102b
    Options
    I'm doing a Tough Mudder mid-June and I'd like to lose 40lbs by then, as well as build upper body strength and increase my cardio. I'm repeating week 4 of the C25K program right now. Full body weight training 3x per week and core focused yoga 2x per week. Cals are set to 1200 with a 40/30/30 macro split. Please feel free to add me if you would like to track my diary.

Happy to have found this group - we got this :smile:

Wow go you so focused great to read glad your here
  • size102b
    Options
    artanis50 wrote: »
    My 2017 goal is to get healthy. My ultimate goal weight is between 125 and 135, but I'm not sure if I'll ever get there.

I've struggled with my weight for a long time. In college I was fit and healthy and very active. I weighed 115 if I was lucky. Fast forward to the highest weight years later, after having my son I was 206. Considering I'm only 5'1", I was pretty big. That was 2013. Over the past few years I've sort of tried to lose it, but never really committed. I'm committed now. My current weight is 188 and I have my eyes set on 150 for the time being. That's what my weight was at my wedding in 2012.

I'm hypothyroid so that's a struggle too. My worst time of day is when I get out of work I like to watch TV and snack. I need to break that habit! I also like to mindlessly snack at night when I watch TV.

Hi know how you feel I've been 244 to 124 over 25 years up and down I'm 5 ft 2 so know how you feel
    Post here as much as possible I hope we can all support each other and well done for keeping at that Goal
  • size102b
    Options
    jennicase wrote: »
    My goal is to lose between 30-40 pounds and to STICK WITH daily exercise. Exercise is such a struggle for me!!!! Making the time to work out has never been a priority. I eat very well and I think my hold up with the weight loss is truly from minimal movement.

This is my trouble exercise bug has failed me I loved it in 2012 and now I don't

I think you will do this your focused on food maybe try a new exercise I loved Zumba used to do 12 classes a week haha
  • SoulRadiation
    SoulRadiation Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    size102b wrote: »
    I lost 63lbs last year ill gained 33 back
    So 40 lbs is my goal

What's yours ?

Wow, great job!

My goal is 60 pounds for 2017...going to clean up my diet and ramp up my exercise. Right now, I'm walking, hitting the heavy bag, and working on Stronglifts 5x5.

Good luck this year, everyone. I'm looking for friends and support, so feel free to add me if you want more friends and we can motivate each other.
  • sripley92
    sripley92 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    size102b wrote: »
    I lost 63lbs last year ill gained 33 back
    So 40 lbs is my goal

What's yours ?

I'm really glad to have found this group! I'm new to MFP and finding where to start with the community is kind of intimidating.

I lost about 35lbs in 2015(about 20 of that was actually from stress and being sick, not dedicated weightloss). I've gained a little bit of that back and would like to use MFP to start towards getting fit and healthy again and losing an additional 22lbs.
  • patricia1hughes
    patricia1hughes Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, so glad to have found this site, and this group. My goal for 2017 is to lose 42 pounds and then for 2018 to keep it off! I started on 31 Jan and have lost 4lb, so 38 to go! I've never been thin but I'm getting where the fat just makes everything uncomfortable and hard work and I'd love to have a spring in my step again :smile:
    Nice to read others' goals and experiences, thanks.
  • susanjtade
    susanjtade Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    My goal is to ultimately lose 60 lbs but would be thrilled with 40! For a short term goal I want to lose 10 lbs by mid March for an upcoming vacation. I am not doing this for vanity. I am trying to lose weight to physically feel better. I am amazed the impact that losing 10 lbs has had on me so I am determined to lose more. But it really is a challenge. Reading all of your goals really helps! Thanks to you all for sharing!
  • jjbenne
    jjbenne Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Just found this group. Friends welcome!!!!

I was here for 4 years. Lost 50. Regained 40. Sadly I'm starting at the beginning and will do it again except this time keep it off!